Kempton 10th September (Eve)

Re: Kempton 10th September (Eve) 17:35 Kempton Brooksby did well in a hot handicap, finishing only a couple of lengths behind Indy Driver at Epsom. Back on the all-weather and last time it ran on the polytrack was at Lingfield in a claimer, where it showed real fight but was just beaten by Head Down. LTO showed good heart, fighting for position until the very end. Seems a difficult horse to ride but Martin Lane on board today who is a top apprentice and I'm hopeful he can work the magic on this one tonight. Will have to be at it's peak but I'm hopeful it can get a place at least. 0.5pt EW @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG 19:05 Kempton No horses are really that reliable in this race but Bold Ring impressed me enough last time at Lingfield and a drop down in grade should lead to going one better. Is incredibly overpriced at 6/1, I think 4/1 would be fair and although drifting this morning, I reckon it will shorten. It's 6f form has been really good this year, notably winning at 80/1 at Warwick and a great win at Nottingham at good odds in this class. Has been tried at 5f with no luck but 6f seems it's forte. Slight worry that the jockey has never won with this filly but a similar run to last time at Lingfield should get her close. 1pt Win @ 6/1 StanJames BOG 19:35 Kempton Bibury can continue the good form of Irish horses coming over to Kempton and picking up the spoils. Performed poorly last time out which is a worry although that could be contributed to the heavy ground that Ireland is having to face. In it's maiden victory it showed really good heart with Jonny Murtagh aboard, holding on well against some decent horses. Been a few winners coming out of it's maiden race so it wasn't the worst race in the world, and back on a decent surface Bibury can do well. Hayley Turner has been in decent form recently and can run this horse positively. Ground must be taken on trust, though. 1pt Win @ 7/1 Bet365 20:05 Kempton Awful claimer really and massive shot in the dark on Rock of Beshtun. Obvious worries about pulling up seemingly lame LTO, but showed a little bit of promise before that happened. Jockey and trainer have had some success at this level. Trainer doesn't send many out but has been having a few winners on both jumps and the flat, and I'm willing to take a chance of them causing some kind of surprise. Minimum Bet. 0.25pt EW @ 100/1 StanJames BOG. 20:35 Kempton Bari Bay is an unspectacular type but at the first try of the 2m trip LTO it performed decently, been held up at the back and made good headway to get 4th late on. Seems to like the further it goes but the ground is a worry, having never performed on the all-weather with any credit. Still, I'm willing to take a chance at decent odds, which I feel are a tad inflated. 0.5pt EW @ 14/1 StanJames BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.