Kontinental Hockey League (KHL): September

Will do some KHL picks. More in September, less after that (the NHL starts in October, so it will be my main focus) I'll be using mainly flat stakes. 7/10 for the math. If otherwise, then I'll say so. 10.09 17:00 Ak Bars Kazan – Lokomotiv Yaroslavl The very first game of the season is between defending champs from Kazan and their opponents in the finals Lokomotiv. Kazan replaced some core-players this summer. But I think they will be very strong once again, but the start of the season might be bumpy. Kazan has been average at best in the pre-season. According to the head coach they have some chemistry issues. The new players haven’t adapted, yet. He said, that they are not fully ready for the season. It’ll take some time to be 100%. Team has no injury troubles, but they do have some questions in goal: Tellqvist knows very little about Russian hockey and Galiev is unproven in big games. Lokomotiv lost also some strong players during the summer. But they managed to replace those guys and team should still be strong. Lokomotiv had some good and bad stretches during the pre-season. But overall, they looked pretty good. Motivation is not a question for them: revenge! Players said that it would be very sweet to beat Kazan in the opening game. They have a smart coach and they look quite ready to beat Kazan in the first game. Overall, I expect a very tight game with chances on both sides. Kazan will be under pressure and we will see how the players (especially goalies) respond. Lokomotiv has a lot less pressure on them, because they are not playing at home. I think that Kazan is not fully ready and highly motivated Lokomotiv will have a slight edge in this game. Away win at 3.20 looks very tempting, but it's a strart of the season. So, I'll play it safer. Lokomotiv +0.5 at 1.85 looks pretty good also. Medium stakes. Good luck! I took this pick yesterday. Now odds are 2.00 at Pinnacle. These are superb odds. 11.09 17:00 Vitiaz Chehov – Torpedo NN Chehov is one of the weakest teams in the KHL. They are great at fighting, but quite poor at playing real hockey. They didn’t show anything special in the pre-season and it looks like it will be another long and tough year for them. One thing for sure: many teams don’t want play them, because of the constant fighting. Torpedo should make the playoffs again. They have a very good team, which is especially good at scoring goals. They added some good players in the off-season and team should be even slightly better. Torpedo had a very good pre-season. They defeated some strong teams and Chehov also lost 3-0 to Torpedo, for that matter. Chehov will try to mix things up, but they are clearly a weaker team. Torpedo will have to make their hands dirty, but they will start the season well. Potential playoff team cannot afford losing points in such games. Torpedo win. Medium stakes. Good luck! 1.90, or 1.95 is very good. 11.09 17:30 Dinamo Moscow – CSKA Moscow Dinamo Moscow is looking to start a season with the win over their biggest rivals. Dinamo is one of the strongest teams in the KHL. They added some young and very strong players in Omark, Harju and Hudler. Those players performed very well for their national teams. So they should be already in shape. Overall, there are not many problems in Dinamo’s camp. CSKA will be weaker this year. They have some serious financial troubles. Because of that many strong players left and the young guys must take their place. Head coach said, that team has some obvious weaknesses and roster needs improvement. CSKA will give their best, but it might not be enough against Dinamo. I believe that Dinamo will make their class pay in this game. Motivation against CSKA is not a problem: Dinamo should be flying on ice. Overall, very passionate game from both sides, but stronger team will prevail. Dinamo win. Medium stakes. Good luck! Got it for 1.90. Now odds have dropped, but 1.85 at Interwetten looks still decent.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.