Doncaster St Leger Meeting Day 1

chris34

4.20 Doncaster Akhenaten has been running in much better races than this and far from disgraced having come third last 2 starts off this mark and should enjoy the ground. 0.5pt e/w Akhenaten 10/1 paddypower 5.25 Doncaster Cant dis own this one again, looked better than ever when finishing 2nd in a tricky contest at newmarket, and is just in fine form at mo and still seems to be really enjoying his time, J dean gets on well with him too, best efforts recently have come with some cut but has won on fast ground too 0.5pt e/w the tatling

Re: Doncaster St Leger Meeting Day 1 15:45 Doncaster I was watching ATR 'Racing News' show and when they showed the price of 8/1 for Captain Gerrard I was a bit miffed, turns out Ladbrokes are the only bookie doing it so short. 14/1 is way overpriced for a horse that has often done fairly well at Listed level, was only 1l behind (a heavily hampered) Bordlescott a couple of runs ago, and fourth behind Scenic Blast in June. Seems to love the faster ground and the straight will be just that today. Definite EW Claims and 14/1 is great value in my view. Will have to run to it's peak but I think that is possible after a poor run last time. 0.5pt EW @ 14/1 StanJames BOG. 16:50 Doncaster Le Toreador is top weight here but impressed me enough LTO to want to back it today. That was at Chester and was a very decent second behind Bertoliver. Gone up 2lbs for that run but Dettori on board now and back to a straight course may help this horse. Won't mind the fast ground either. Has won plenty over the past couple of seasons and will go close today. 1pt Win @ 6/1 StanJames BOG

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.