Golf - PGA,Euro etc Commencing 3rd September

Ian R

Omega European Masters.I simply don't get the price about Daniel Vancsik who won his second European tour event in Italy in May adding to his win in 07 in Madeira - an event also played on a tricky hilly course. Argentinians have a really good record playing at Crans - maybe its the Argentinian Steakhouse maybe its the altitude! Vancsik has a really good record at altitude - his two wins in Guatemala and one in Kenya all came on courses played at altitude. As for his current form - well he was second at the cut last week and he is really striking the ball well at the moment and in his last two starts his all-round stats look really good. I really didn't epext to see many books going 100/1+ and have spread the bet around a bit - £25 ew 200/1,£30 top 6 33/1 & £35 160/1 average on Betfair. Robert Dinwiddie - when the tour has a backdrop of mountains Dinwiddie seems to hit form. He was 7th here last season after a poor opening round of 74 - he was suffering from a bug and nearly pulled out but fought back with a pair of 64's. In 2007 on the Challenge Tour he played twice in the country and finished 3rd and 1st so there must be something in the air! He remains a great young talent who I think will break through soon and although he has struggled a bit with an injury sustained in Perth this season he has had a couple of top 10's and this is the best market to back him in - £60 top 10 25/2 Betfair + £30 on the win at 200/1 Sticking with the Argentinian theme for Crans we have my third pick in young Tano Goya. Born and resident in Cordoba he will have no problem with the altitude in Switzerland. As for the tricky nature of the course well his two wins in Europe have been on tricky courses - San Domenico and Porto Santo Golf. Interestingly the latter course where he won the Madeira Open was designed by Seve - the man who was given the task of changing the course at Crans a few years ago. Have had £40 top 6 22/1 and £40 on the win on Betfair at 180/1. Two more bets for the week - one in the Deutsche Bank and one in the Challenge Tour event in Spain. Firstly - the PGA tour - I do think that Woods will be hard to beat back on a course with which he is familiar - hence my lack of excitement for the event - well that combined with the fact that I seem to struggle with these playoff events. So just a small bet on a man who seems to be hitting form and has some pretty good rounds around the Boston track - Freddie Jacobson - just the £20 win on Betfair 160/1 and £30 top 6 20/1 Stan James - I like the top 6 as he does have a habit of finishing around the 5th/6th place mark! A rare foray into the Challenge Tour which this week is in Spain - well strictly speaking it is on La Gomera a small island off of Tenerife in the Canaries and one player who should feel right at home is Luis Claverie who was born and lives on Tenerife. He played in this event last year when it was part of the Peugeot Tour and showed his local knowledge of the course by winning - he does seem to like island courses in this neck of the woods as I remember him finishing 2nd in the Azores Open back in 06. Trying to find evidence of what he has been up to has been a little tricky - he was banned from the tour at some point during 08 but was exonerated after he proved the steroids which turned up in his system were from a cream he was spreading on his bald patch!!! He did get in the Spanish Open this year and was 7th after round one before missing the cut - but on this course I will take a risk at 250/1 and have £20 ew.

Re: Golf - PGA,Euro etc Commencing 3rd September Ian, good luck with your bets mate :ok. Just one thing though, can you replace cash amounts in your posts to strength values, so that anyone who wants to follow you knows how much of their bank to stake as £25/£50 to you could be the equivalent of £5/£10 to others. Ta :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.