EuroBasket 2009

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/default.asp There are ten more days till the start of the men's European basketball championship in Poland.:cheers Hopefully this thread would be of interest for many punters here and would bring us profit(anyone could contribute,especially with some infos on your national teams)! I am very tempted by 1.80 offered for Spain outright winner.Now when Slovenian squad(considered them like the only team that has quality to oppose Spain) have some probs and the price on them is constantly rising,Russia misses Holden and Kirilenko,Greece is without Papaloukas,Diamantidis and few more,Lithuania without Siskauskas,Jasikevicius and Songaila,I think that Spaniards should take the gold with ease and I see nice value in them,even Pau Gasol isn't 100% fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Opening of the championship today with the matches Macedonia v. Greece and Russia v Latvia. May have a few more punts throught the day but what I've already bet on is on the opening two. Fingers crossed for profitable start! Macedonia + 10,5 @ 1.87 (4/10) Believe in the dog's here,mixture of experienced and young talented squad who posses the quality to fight with the biggest,who will not be pleased with nothing less but reaching the next round on the championship.Surely they'll have their chance against Israel tomorrow,what is must win for reaching their goal! Today's game is more than sport for these guys,they will die on the court to defeat Greece and give the nation the biggest sport joy ever.Macedonia can't use constitutional name on any international sport event,was even blocked to enter some euro integrations by today's opponent what makes the nation angry and this is the first time when these to countries meet each other on big int. sport stage.And it's a big ego challenge to show them ''who's better''. Back on the game now,bookies surely didn't have that in mind when making the odds and the lines,but I am still surprised how Greece is over ratted here.They are here with depleted squad ,missing their best players and their form is unknown,especially at the start.Not saying that quality isn't on their side! Macedonia with the leadership of Stefanov and Massey,plus quality player(or two) on every other position can give big fight today and I am sure that they'll be much more motivated. This handicap line is something I wasn't expecting but not taking the bet with higher stake only because it's just the start and I am not sure of teams performances.Completely objective on the bet as I really think that close game is to be played with Greece taking it at the end,but far from covering ten pt. handicap..it won't be objective if I was on us-straight win.May regret of being that objective,price looks huge..:) Russia v Latvia -under 148,5 pt. @ 1.87 (4/10) After loosing Kirilenko and Holden,Russians best attacking force now there's one more big blow for the squad with the loss of Khryapa for the championship.With these three being out I really can't see Russia scoring too much.And with the loss of these three Latvia has a good chance of upset imo,and if they make it I can't see them scoring more than 70 points,as they are not that strong offensively.The likes of Kambala and Biedrins in Latvian team can score pretty easily but will have big problems as imo Russia will try to win the match thanks to good play in defence. Nice opportunity for the unders here. Hope that I won't stay alone in this thread! Good luck all :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.