World Athletics Championship

Mens 800m the Kenyan Alfred Yego.The key to finding winners in the major events is to find those who rise to the occasion and are capable of coping with the pressure rather than the ability to run the fastest times.Yego is defending champion having won in Osaka in 07 and was also 3rd at the Olympics last year and he is on record saying he will peak for the bigger events. He won his first event this year in Rome 3 weeks ago and the odds of 20/1 for the win at William Hill and 5/1 podium Bwin are well worth taking

Re: World Athletics Championship These are early thoughts but Kerron Clement has been running very well this year and as there is no over-riding favourite in the 100m. I've seen 10/11 which looks very good. Jeremy Wariner is 2nd fav to Merritt in the 400 and will be determined to beat him after Beijing. His form seems ok and at 13/8 looks good. He has run sub-44 in the last year or so and can do so again. Daniel Bailey e/w in the 100m looks a good bet. He has run 9.91, and Yohan Blake is part of the drugs scandal and Powell doesn't look great.He could well grab bronze.

Re: World Athletics Championship Is anyone offering each way in the 100m? I can't find anyone as I was interested in Bailey myself. I was at Crystal Palace last month and Powell was awful in that final and has a history of fcuking up the big events so I can't be having him. I was going to take the 11/4 Bailey without Bolt and Gay but if someone's offering ew terms on the event I'll go there. 7/1 Gay outright is still tempting me too :unsure.

Re: World Athletics Championship There are some BF market where you can find what you're looking for (podium, w/o big 2, etc) - no liquidity or decent prices yet thought. Can't see past Spotakova in women's javelin, but not sure if 1.72 is enough, was hopin for evens - anyway, no injury, good results, no need to fly (which she fears), in good mood. Well, it's javelin, but as she's a female version of Zelezny, I'd be quite confident.;)

Re: World Athletics Championship

Is anyone offering each way in the 100m? I can't find anyone as I was interested in Bailey myself. I was at Crystal Palace last month and Powell was awful in that final and has a history of fcuking up the big events so I can't be having him. I was going to take the 11/4 Bailey without Bolt and Gay but if someone's offering ew terms on the event I'll go there. 7/1 Gay outright is still tempting me too :unsure.
Stan James are offering the 100m without Bolt or without Bolt and Gay and Daniel Bailey is 5/2 in the latter:ok Gay is 2/5 without Bolt. Not great odds obviously, but can anyone else beat him:unsure.

Re: World Athletics Championship 2 for me to begin with. There's a few I like later in the week but I'll save them until Sunday. 3pts Great Britain - 3 or more medals 6/4 Stan James I like this price. I think we've got a couple of excellent medal chances with Jess Ennis in the heptathlon and Phillips Idowu in the triple jump. Both are good contenders for the gold and then from there we've got a lot of outside medal chances with the likes of Christine Ohurougu, Paula Radcliffe, should she run, and a couple of the relays not to mention the 800m girls. Then there's always a surprise athlete or two, especially in this world championships when the top stars peaked for the Olympics. Assuming Ennis and Idowu don't let us down as the bankers for the meet then I'm confident we'll bring another medal home at least as the build up to 2012 begins in ernest. 1pt T.Gay to win Mens 100m 11/2 Betfred Usain Bolt is the main man in the 100m at the minute but that may well suit Tyson Gay down to a tee. Gay didn't make the final in the 100 at the Olympics but he's come back and he has the fastest time in the world this season to his name, which would surprise many. Usain Bolt looked unbelievably good in the Olympics but there's a school of thought asking who he beat in that final and that could be a good question. All eyes will be on the Jamaican and the American here and if they both come out the blocks well we could see the greatest 100m of all time. However Bolt has been struggling with his starts this season and that's where the defending champion can prevail. Being a strong 200m runner, if Gay pings the blocks then he could take a lot of stopping, especially from a man who has made no secrets of carrying niggles. Gay has nursed injuries too but this is much more a 2 horse race than the odds suggest and at 11/2 I'll have a small bit of Gay in what promises to be a fantastic Mens 100m.

Re: World Athletics Championship Kev- that 6/4 looks a very decent price and Ennis is off to a very good start for you - will be cheering her on as I am on her for SPOTY at 100/1! My main forte in athletics is the marathon - hopefully a repeat of my Ndereba pick in 07 Osaka will reap dividends once books eventually price it up!

Re: World Athletics Championship Cheers mate. It looks really good now. Ennis as good as has the gold won, but unless her legs fall off in the 800m she's guaranteed a medal, if we assume Phillips gets us a medal of some kind in the triple jump I need just one more. Ohuruogu looks ok and in a fairly weak event she has a medal chance and we're 3 handed in the semis of the 800m for women so I'm really confident that bet will land. I'm glad it was only 1pt I had on Gay because if they get away 1st time tonight Bolt could run something silly :eek.

Re: World Athletics Championship Usain Bolt to break the world record seems free money at 5/6 on WillHill. Think about it. A. the olympic final he didnt even try and got the record B. hes been coasting through since the olympics because he wants to break it at the big events. C. Hes a showman...got 9.89 almost jogging in the semi...hes gonna blast it in the final and break the record! Get it while its hot

3pts Great Britain - 3 or more medals 6/4 Stan James I like this price. I think we've got a couple of excellent medal chances with Jess Ennis in the heptathlon and Phillips Idowu in the triple jump. Both are good contenders for the gold and then from there we've got a lot of outside medal chances with the likes of Christine Ohurougu, Paula Radcliffe, should she run, and a couple of the relays not to mention the 800m girls. Then there's always a surprise athlete or two, especially in this world championships when the top stars peaked for the Olympics. Assuming Ennis and Idowu don't let us down as the bankers for the meet then I'm confident we'll bring another medal home at least as the build up to 2012 begins in ernest.
1 down, 2 to go. Fantastic performance by Jessica Ennis :notworthy:notworthy.

1 down' date=' 2 to go. Fantastic performance by Jessica Ennis :notworthy:notworthy.[/quote'] Amazing performance from her, mate:notworthy. Led from start to finish, and will only get better. She ain't bad looking either;) Think the 3 medals bet is nailed on mate. Idowu will land one, whilst I actually think the lad in the 400m hurdles isn't going to be far away. Ran just over 48s with plenty more in the tank. Clement will take the gold, I'm sure, but the other medals are up for grabs. 800m for women looks wide open too whilst Christine O is used to pulling it out in the big finals.:hope

Usain Bolt to break the world record seems free money at 5/6 on WillHill. Think about it. A. the olympic final he didnt even try and got the record B. hes been coasting through since the olympics because he wants to break it at the big events. C. Hes a showman...got 9.89 almost jogging in the semi...hes gonna blast it in the final and break the record! Get it while its hot
No danger :lol. Good shout mate.

Amazing performance from her, mate:notworthy. Led from start to finish, and will only get better. She ain't bad looking either;) Think the 3 medals bet is nailed on mate. Idowu will land one, whilst I actually think the lad in the 400m hurdles isn't going to be far away. Ran just over 48s with plenty more in the tank. Clement will take the gold, I'm sure, but the other medals are up for grabs. 800m for women looks wide open too whilst Christine O is used to pulling it out in the big finals.:hope
Aye what is it about that Heptathlon :lol, Kluft, Sotherton and Ennis :loon. I'm confident enough Christine will medal in some guise, and like you I wouldn't rule out the 400mH guy either but even if they don't deliver we'll have a stunning chance of medalling in the Women 4x400 given that we've 2 of the top 9 in the individual 400m :hope

No danger :lol. Good shout mate.
Yesss get in there...had no doubts he would do it but 9.5888888888 wow!!!! I hope you got in on that price...I had 250 quid on it :) Hope everybody had a piece and got one over on the bookies!!

Re: World Athletics Championship Gay couldn't live with Bolt but running 9.71 he's entitled to feel a bit unlucky. I'm going with one tomorrow. 1pt A.Rogowska to win Women's Pole Vault 14/1 Expekt Call me mad if you wish but I think Yelena Isinbayeva is there to be taken on in this final. If it was a looks contest then it would be a no contest in the Polish vaulters favour. Unfortunately it's not but that doesn't mean Anna Rogowska is without a chance. This isn't the Isinbayeva that we've seen in previous years. Her best outdoors this season is a mere 4.85 which is 20cm down on her world record. I was at Crystal Palace 3 weeks ago and Rogowska beat Isinbayeva, albeit on countback with a vault of just 4.68m which shows how badly the Russian is struggling at the minute. Rogowska vaulted 4.80m a couple of weeks ago and if Isinbayeva continues to struggle then the young Polish athlete could well spring a surprise and at 14/1 I'll have a small bet on Rogowska here.

Re: World Athletics Championship One for the womens 100m tonight. 3pts C.Jeter to win Womens 100m 21/10 Expekt Carmelita Jeter has looked pretty impressive in this competition so far which isn't surprising given how she ran in Crystal Palace last month. I see this womens 100m as a pretty open event. All attention will be on the Jamaican duo of Kerron Stewart and Shelly Ann Fraser but Jeter looked really good in her semi final, smashing her personal best and it looked like there was more to come as well. The two Jamaican's had a tough semi final although it looked like Stewart eased down towards the end. Jeter has been running really well in recent weeks and as something of an unknown quantity and in the lane next to Stewart, I think she can surprise the field and take the world crown.

Gay couldn't live with Bolt but running 9.71 he's entitled to feel a bit unlucky. I'm going with one tomorrow. 1pt A.Rogowska to win Women's Pole Vault 14/1 Expekt Call me mad if you wish but I think Yelena Isinbayeva is there to be taken on in this final. If it was a looks contest then it would be a no contest in the Polish vaulters favour. Unfortunately it's not but that doesn't mean Anna Rogowska is without a chance. This isn't the Isinbayeva that we've seen in previous years. Her best outdoors this season is a mere 4.85 which is 20cm down on her world record. I was at Crystal Palace 3 weeks ago and Rogowska beat Isinbayeva, albeit on countback with a vault of just 4.68m which shows how badly the Russian is struggling at the minute. Rogowska vaulted 4.80m a couple of weeks ago and if Isinbayeva continues to struggle then the young Polish athlete could well spring a surprise and at 14/1 I'll have a small bet on Rogowska here.
That'll do me. Isinbayeva didn't even clear a height :eek. I'm not complaining though :dude.

Re: World Athletics Championship Gawon the pole vaulter:nana:nana:nana Can't argue with a superb 14/1 winner, Kev. You don't get many of those in athletics:clap. How funny though was Isinbayeva? Strange decision to come in at 4.75m and then pass after 1 failure. Surely in the Worlds, it's about medals, not records/heights. Silly girl:lol I like Jeter too in the 100m, I'll be cheering her home for you mate. And the 3 GBR medals looks good too, Dai Greene tomorrow I think will sneak one and, after watching the 800m today, Jenny Meadows won't be far away in the 800m. No surprise to us get 4+ medals:ok

Re: World Athletics Championship Cheers mate. Was more than happy with that result. Shame I only staked 1pt on it but beggars and choosers and all that ;). Big night for me tonight. We could easily get the extra 2 medals I need for the 3 medals bet to come in. Jeter was 3rd last night in a race which Fraser had won after 5 metres so I'm +10pts for the settled bets so far. There's a few events which I like the look of tonight.............. 1pt ew A.Copello to win Mens Triple Jump 14/1 Stan James (1/5 1,2,3) The Cuban, Alexis Copello looks a pretty big price in the final of the Mens Triple Jump this evening. He qualified for the final without making the required qualifying mark of 17.15m but it's hard to read too much into qualifying. Copello though has a seasons best and indeed a personal best of 17.65m, just 1cm behind odds on favourite Nelson Evora's season's best. Most see this as a straight fight between Evora and Phillips Idowu but the triple jump is never as cut and dried as that, and even if it turns out that way we're getting close to 3/1 on a place here with the bronze medal very much up for grabs. Cuba have given us some excellent jumpers and this could be another. If he can jump anything near to the mark he set in May this year he'll be bang in the medal hunt and at 14/1 I'm happy to play. 1pt ew C.Obergfoll to win Womens Javelin 11/2 Blue Square (1/4 1,2,3) On this season's form this event is a straight 3 horse race. The Cezch, Spotakova and Russia's Abakumova are the favourites and short prices but the one I'm happy to take a chance on is Christine Obergfoll from Germany. In terms of season's bests she is 2nd on the list of the finalists in this event and with a home crowd cheering her on, and Usain Bolt is in action tonight so it could be a decent crowd too, I think she'll be right in the mix. Only Maria Abakumova has thrown further this season of these finalists and that was only by 22cm. Hopefully home environment shines on Obergfoll and she can win this at a nice price. And I'll go 2 handed in the womens 400m........... 1pt S.Williams to win Womens 400m 7/1 Bet365 1pt A.Krivoshapka to win Womens 400m 14/1 Sportingbet I think Sanya Richards is worth taking on here but I can pin my thoughts down on who to do it with. Christine Ohuruogu is a stupid price on best form but injuries look like preventing her from being at that level. Nevertheless I wouldn't be surprised, given the fighter that she is, if she were right in the mix in this event. So the two I've decided to take her on with are the Jamaican, Shericka Williams and the Russian Antonina Krivoshapka. Both have run personal bests this year, and in Krivoshapka's case, hers was only 0.06s slower than Richards' SB. Williams' came in the earlier rounds of this event so she's in her best form at the minute. Sanya Richards is an extremely good athlete but there's a touch of the Asafa Powell's in her in that she doesn't turn up to Championships. I think we'll all remember her tactically failing in Beijing last summer when she went out too hard and got picked off by Christine Ohuruogu down the last 100m. If she gets it wrong tonight one of these two will capitalise at big prices for the 2nd and 3rd favourites.

Re: World Athletics Championship Hello Guys...i Used To Use Bettingadvice In 2003 Before I Moved To California,but Im Back For Good Now So I Hope I Can Provide Useful Tips For You Lot Once Again...anyways, Lb44,i Got 5/4 At Corals On Tuesday Afternoon That Bolt Wouldnt Beat His World Record...i Realy Hope He Doesnt Now As I Have Him With Chelsea,middlesboro,leeds And Farnboro..pays About 28/1...lets Hope He Does A Bit Of Partying Like In His Younger Days..lol

3pts Great Britain - 3 or more medals 6/4 Stan James I like this price. I think we've got a couple of excellent medal chances with Jess Ennis in the heptathlon and Phillips Idowu in the triple jump. Both are good contenders for the gold and then from there we've got a lot of outside medal chances with the likes of Christine Ohurougu, Paula Radcliffe, should she run, and a couple of the relays not to mention the 800m girls. Then there's always a surprise athlete or two, especially in this world championships when the top stars peaked for the Olympics. Assuming Ennis and Idowu don't let us down as the bankers for the meet then I'm confident we'll bring another medal home at least as the build up to 2012 begins in ernest.
Idowu notched the 2nd medal last night, and Meadows has just made it 3 medals for GB.

Re: World Athletics Championship Although It Was A Stroll For Bolt In The Semis He Did Look Knackered Afterwoulds,hopefully The 100 Took A Bit Out Of Him And He,ll Wait For Another Time To Break His Record..i Hope So,then I,ll Cop Over A Grand For Me £40 Bet...does Anyone Else Like The Look Of Demus In The 4oom Hurdles,thought She Looked Super Smooth In Her First Race