Pokerstars - New Guinness World Record Attempt 19th July 2009

teaulc

Re: Pokerstars - New Guinness World Record Attempt 19th July 2009 I know they did it first but you know what i mean choosing to do it on the same day and time as FTP but with a lower buy-in after FTP had already set theirs up.

Re: Pokerstars - New Guinness World Record Attempt 19th July 2009

I know they did it first but you know what i mean choosing to do it on the same day and time as FTP but with a lower buy-in after FTP had already set theirs up.
But isn't that the nature of oligopolistic markets? Full Tilt are trying to misrepresent themselves to the uninformed as the biggest poker site in the world with the most players - Pokerstars have seen this and responded to deny their number 1 competitor this opportunity and reaffirm their status as the world biggest poker site - IMO FullTilt were pretty foolish to try and compete with stars in terms of size - they could never win - even with the same tournament buy ins (with the same overlay). Full Tilt have tried to deceive and Pokerstars have knocked them back in the best way they could - I think it's hats off to Pokerstars (and someone in Marketing at FullTilt should probably lose their job :tongue2)

Re: Pokerstars - New Guinness World Record Attempt 19th July 2009 Oligopolies are industries with a small number of dominant market operators (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligopoly) - they tend to compete not on price but through other means. Their relationship with one another is characterised through Game Theory - in every action you take, you have to consider how your competitor(s) will respond (as opposed to competitive markets where all participants in an industry will tend towards equilibrium and individual companies actions will not influence the overall industry) - wow - my old economics teacher would be proud of me (as well as surprised :tongue2)