Doncaster 9th July (eve)

9.15 Doncaster La capriosa was impressive on the all weather over winter/spring won off a mark of 66 at southwell in a claimer but ran a good race at wolverhampton in a handicap off mark 68 to come second last time out, down to 64 today and ehearn taking the ride! 0.5pt e/w la capriosa

Re: Doncaster 9th July (eve) 7.10 Interdiamonds 11/4 wh bog 10 pts I like both the three year olds here at the bottom but give preference to the one with the more established form. Johnston’s runner here has shown ability in all 3 of her starts. she was second on his first start in small field before chasing home the well regarded racing hero who admittedly was a bitter disappointment after that. However she then got off the mark to win by 3 lengths and the horse she beat ran fairly well afterwards to give some substance to that form. The question mark I guess is the step back up to 12f having ran ok over it two starts back but then finding the winning touch over 10f. However she is by montjeu and I think it was a case of her just finding one too good two starts back than anything else. She could go close today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.