Newmarket (July) - Draw and Pace

Wednesday 1.30 (7f) In recent years high numbers have dominated when this race has attracted many runners... 2007 - 13,12,15,19 (20) 2005 - 20,13,15,6 (20) Results have been more random in the Bunbury over the same C&D so I don't believe there is any real advantage (well their shouldn't be anyway). It should all be about pace and where the better horses are. 01 >>>>>>>>>>>> 02 >>>>>>>>>> 03 >>>>>>>>> 04 >>> 05 >>>>>> 06 >>>>>> 07 >>> 08 >>>>>> 09 >>>>> 10 >>>> 11 >>>>>>> 12 >>>> 13 >>>> 14 >>>>>>> 15 >>>>>> 16 >>> The only guaranteed pace-setter is Arabian Mirage in stall 1 and Lovely Thought (2) and Pyrrha (3) are likely to be right behind him. This should ensure a decent clip up the far rail and those drawn low look sure to recieve a nice lead.

Re: Newmarket (July) - Draw and Pace 2.00 6f Last five runnings... 13,9,7,16 (20) 10,18,13,19 (19) 1,6,3,2 (20) 4,18,19,12 (20) 17,13,5,15 (20) Again high have a slight edge but results are sporadic enough to suggest the better horses and/or tracking the best pace will provide the winner. 01 >>>>>>>> 02 >>>>>> 03 >>>>>>>>>>>>> 04 >>> 05 >>>>>>>>>>>> 06 >>>> 07 >>> 08 >>>>>>>>>> 09 >>>>>>>>> 10 >>>>>>>>>>> 11 >>>>> 12 >>>>>> 13 >>>>>>>>>>> 14 >>>>>>>>>>> 15 >>> 16 >>> 17 >>>>>>>>> 18 >>>> 19 >>> 20 >>>> Pace across the field with plenty of prominent racers in the line-up. The gallop is likely to be very strong, possibly a fight for the lead. Shamwari Lodge, Total Gallery, Rowayton and Akhenaten would be my original short-list and they will all be coming from off the pace - it's possible that could be an advantage. Akhenaten, Big Apple Boy, Damien, Five Star Junior, Proclaim, and Shamwari Lodge all have form over further which could be an advantage over this stiff 6f run at a decent clip. Seeing as most mentioned are big prices I can get away with backing all, however Akhenaten and Shamwari Lodge hit bost short-lists there and could be an ideal split-stakes bet with one being drawn on either side. The final words are just my opinion of course, the pace/draw info is always down to interpretation.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.