Bad horses

Just out of curiosity, what happens to poor horses? For example, the other day at catterick there was a horse in a piss poor Auction Maiden Stakes called Mister Wilberforce who finished last by a mile and is possibly still runniung. His OR is now 35. In four races, it has beaten 1 horse home out of a possible 40. What happens to poor old Mister Wilberforce? Give up? Keep on campaigning and hope to pick up a miniscule prize? Sold to an urban farm?! Just interested thats all ....... !

Re: Bad horses A question i have often pondered on, where can they go with such a low rated runner, i suppose plod on for a while, place it in selling company for a while, has already changed stables form L Williamson to Mullineaux this year and maybe the change of scenery will rejuvinate the horse. Being by Paris House who won 9 on the flat from 22 starts and was once trained by sprint king John Berry this Mister Wilberforce has been running over 6f - 8f races on softish ground, now if my theory is correct i feel he will be better dropped back to the optimum trip of 5f in a claimer or seller and off a nice weight of around 8st 9lb as has been high in the weights on all four runs and i feel there is a win in this when the ground really firms up in the summer.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.