Sandown 3rd July

Re: Sandown 3rd July 4.00 10f, Class 1 listed Tranquil Tiger will set the pace here & will be interesting to see if it can make all to land this for Cecil. As usual, Cecil has no doubt mapped out a plan for this 5yo after having 1 run at Goodwood just holding on in a listed event over this distance. prior to this, the horse ran 9 times as a 4yo with 2 wins over further in listed events. Confront has something to prove at this distance & the fast pace may be against it at the end. Covert Ambition has won 2 from 2, the latter being ist handicap debut over 10f. It is rated some 11lb below Tranquil Tiger & only gets 3lb off it here. Democrate was formerly trained in France by Andre Fabre & makes a debut for Godolphin. Guarino makes its debut for Gary Moore but hasnt run for over 600 days. Halicarnassus got close to Tranquil tiger last time at Goodwood but doesnt win often & has to be caught right Kirklees hasnt been seen since its exploits at Nad Al Sheba however could be the one for the forecast. Its UK listed form stands up & Dettori rides this one of the 3 Godolphin entries Tranquil Tiger 4/1 with Paddy power guaranteed odds looks good value to me

Re: Sandown 3rd July 5.05 Sandown It's A Date - Alan King's Kyllachy gelding won over this course when last seen 19 days ago and has barely gone up in the handicap after a narrow victory. However, that came in this grade and in a race where most have something to prove, he may be one of the better handicapped horses in the race. The yard and in form, and at four, he remains open to further improvement. Strathcal looks the main danger and price permitting, may be worth a saver. He is a course winner over 1m 4f but has hinted of late he'd get this 1m 6f trip. His rise in the handicap isnt too harsh, but a rise in grade may deny a hat-trick if Its A Date is on song.

Re: Sandown 3rd July Sandown Park: 2:20 - Sharpened Edge - BetFred 11/2 ew Has run in much higher grade and appears to have a few pounds in hand to me (don't they all at this time in the morning!) and is reasonably well drawn. Won't be inconvenienced if the rains come.

Re: Sandown 3rd July

Sandown Park: 2:20 - Sharpened Edge - BetFred 11/2 ew Has run in much higher grade and appears to have a few pounds in hand to me (don't they all at this time in the morning!) and is reasonably well drawn. Won't be inconvenienced if the rains come.
Looks to have a great chance in my opinion also. The draw is good & has already won over this stiff 5f.

Re: Sandown 3rd July 2.50 Angels Pursuit 7/4 sj bog 10 pts This one could return to winning ways here. He looked good on his debut when he won impressively at hq and on the back of that went to royal asc as fav for a listed race. As it happened he couldn’t quite get into the race that day before finishing pretty well on what was an unfavoured part of the track and also under a quiet ride. Clearly on that run he has it to find with channon’s horse who finished so well if not possibly on the favoured near side? However AP must be held in some sort of regard from the hannon camp to just run at royal ascot which is a tip in itself given the huge competition there is from that yards 2 yr olds. He looked good enough on his debut and he could well go close here. 4.00 Covert Ambition 17/2 sj bog 5 pts e.w I almost feel the e/w bet here isn’t worth much given only two places but nonetheless going for it. This is the stable second string from godolphin but unlike the talented Kirklees, he is race fit. For Kirklees that might not be a major problem given that he has shown in the past he can go well fresh but I still think he might not be fully wound up here. If he was, I cant help myself thinking he would be running in a bigger race than this. Anyway he could face a tough ask here and I can see Covert Ambition running well. This one has only had two runs but is unbeaten in them both and impressive in them both. Fto at nott on debut he won his maiden by over 7 lengths and then he looked good again on the a.w. That was on his seasonal bow and he off 94 pretty comfortably in the end as he stayed on well to take that race. In time he may want further but with Tranquil Tiger in this race, this race shouldn’t be too much of a sprint so this should still be enough of a test and this promising horse could surprise one or two here.

Re: Sandown 3rd July 2.20 SHARPENED EDGE When narrowing down to a good / g-f going

01- 50 % 10) The Jobber
31- 50 % 15) Sharpened Edge
These 2 are also clear on patternform speed ratings, The Jobber is possibly getting a bit long in the tooth for this, leaving Sharpened Edge - as already pointed out well drawn, and compared to most of the field is carrying sod all in weight. 2.50 MDAWEE
1- 100 % 5) Mdawee
Proven on the going, winner in it's only run, and with Tom Dascombe is doing really well with his juveniles this season, could be the value call here. 4.00 TRANQUIL TIGER Good / g-f:
1- 100 % 1) Tranquil Tiger
12- 50 % 2) Confront
Certainly think it's between these two - Tranquil Tiger is the value. 4.35 ALPEN GLEN
11- 100 % 11) Alpen Glen
1- 100 % 1) Australia Day
To quote the SL: "..... least exposed of the 11 runners after just two starts and, having won her maiden in good style prior to a winning start in good fashion in handicap-company at Chester, she looks well treated having been raised just 6lbs for that Chester success." Alpen Glen it is then. 5.05 IT'S A DATE
411- 67 % 7) Strathcal
21- 50 % 2) It´s a Date
Strathcal is one of the favourites, but It's A Date, is just raised 1lb for his win LTO and may be the value call.

Re: Sandown 3rd July 2:20 Sharpened Edge is ahead of the handicapper and it was a dominant performance last time. 8lb up is probably fair, but this is a much tougher race. Equuleus Pictor probably needs the ground softer still and Kay Two is up 5lb with Queally replacing Atzeni. I think he will struggle to reverse form with Equuleus Pictor on these terms. Canadian Danehill will struggle from this mark and has a bit to find with The Jobber anyway. However, Biniou gets my vote. That was a particularly encouraging reappearance at Thirsk, considering he's never run particularly well fresh before. And it's never easy to head Captain Dunne when he sets the pace. It's definitely the standout bit of form for me in this race. His trainer also stated he wouldn't run unless the ground was right and it seems to have come right just at the right time. Biniou 10/1

Re: Sandown 3rd July 2.20 - jaconet 12/1 stan james (EW) I like the look of Jaconet here. Comes here under favourable conditions - last 3 turf wins on GF over 5f. Sees out the trip well which is important at Sandown. Form of its last race working out quite well - beat a horse who won its next race from a mark of 94. My only concern is its draw.

Re: Sandown 3rd July Anyone interested in the little bit of money that seems to be going on on War Party @ 5.05? I only ask as I watched a race the other day (can't remember the name) and a seemingly out of form horse from this stable was gambed on and won.