Golf:AT&T National & Open de France

Open De France R.Green to bt A.Quiros 5/6 @ Stan James Bit of a strange match up this imo. Green is not only in top form with two top10's in his last two tournaments, but he also has an exceptional record in this tournament including 4th last year and a t2 and t7 over the last four years. Quiros made his debut last year and although he made the cut, he finished in 64th with only 3 players behind him. Known for his lenth and not his accuracy, i very much doubt this very testing and tricky course suits the long hitting spaniard, and if Green can maintain his good form this week, he should take this with ease. S.Kjeldsen to bt P. Harrington 39/40 @ Expekt After having his best ever season last year, the Dane hasn't looked back and is currently playing the best golf of his career. Another top ten finish last week, the world No 36 also has a great record in this tournament, with a t7 last year being his best finish. Harrington is having a nightmare season after strangely changing his swing, and until i'm happy he's hitting it straight and back to some kind of form i won't be touching him, and Kjeldsen has to be backed here in this match up. G.Storm to bt P.Hanson 9/10 @ Expekt Graeme Storm is not a household name but the Englishman obviously loves this tournament after he won here two years ago, and with two t21 either side of that win. He also comes in to this tournament in top form on the back of a t4 finish in last weeks bmw in Germany. If he can maintain some of that form,i fancy he can take care of Hanson, who has never been in the top40 on the four occasions he has played this event. TOP TWENTY FINISH S.Kjeldsen Evs @ Skybet See Above R.Echenique 9/2 @ Skybet The young Argentinian showed a lot of promise last year with some good results, but this season has been very poor one for him until his amazing performance last week when he shot a euro tour record of 27 shots in his final round back nine,on his way to a second placed finish to Nick Dougherty. That one result wouldn't normally be enough for me to back him, but a very impressive t13 in this tournament last year tell us he can can go well here, and at the odds he's definately worth a punt at smaller stakes. I'l post my AT&T bets in another post in a bit.

Re: Golf:AT&T National & Open de France AT&T National TOP TWENTY FINISH P.Casey 10/11 @ Tote Casey missing the cut two weeks ago in the us open doesn't worry me and hopefully the small break will have done him good. Casey has won three times this year on either side of the pond, and barring the us open he has 6 top20 finishes on the PGA tour this year in 8 starts. This, for a par 70 is tough and long, unlike the recent St Jude and Travelers and i think the better players will definately come to the fore this week, with the leader board not being as bunched up as we have seen lately. This course should definately suit Casey, and i fancy him to go close this week. A.Kim 10/11 @ tote Not much needs to be said on Kim. After seemingly returning to form two weeks ago in the us open, i backed him last week and he duly obliged confirming it wasn't a one off and he's back playing well. He also won this last year, so with his confidence building, i fancy him go well again this week and finish in the top20 at the very least. S.O'Hair 10/11 @ tote O'Hairs now showing what all the fuss was about this year, and with him having such a great season it has propelled him to No13 in the world. Being No2 in GIR is the kind of stat we want round this tough par 70, and Six top tens and 11 top 25 finishes this season makes for impressive reading. A weeks break after being in contention in the us open two weeks ago should have done him good, and i fancy him strongly to be in the mix again this week around Congressional.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.