Matt's placepots

Right, okay. Starting with £200. I do a fiver for each. I'm starting with Catterick. There are some real dreadful races on this card... Race 1: Contract Caterer - Good effort under similar conditions last time. Sets the standard by a country mile. Race 2: Tut - It just occured to me this pretty well bred horse won't have to do much on debut to turnover the two favourites here. Elusive Sue is the likely improver on sounder ground, but nothing is a guarantee in this. Race 3: Turn Me On - Reunited with Graham Gibbons today and always goes well for him. Ideal conditions also on his favourite track. It's only a matter of time before Summer Dancer begins to feel the pinch of penalties. I'm hoping it will be today. Bold Marc...consistent yet unspectacular and Kabis Amigos would likely win if repeating the Beverley effort. However, last time out appeared to be suffering from a penalty, but in fairness the penalty and the extra furlong may have been this horses undoing. Back to 7f, surely has a reasonable chance. Race 4: Red Cape - Effort last time can be excused, as the horse had obvious issues with the softer ground. Back at Catterick on the firm stuff, leading contender for me. Not the greatest strike rate in the world, but has run against better sorts in class 2 and 3 company off marks of around 20lbs higher and performed with credit. Maison Dieu is consistent but, even with a big pull in the weights, has a bit to find with Red Cape who had him covered by near enough 10 lengths in a recent course and distance effort. Cape Vale is second best and Ryedane not for behind. Race 5: Paddy Jack - In an obvious contender for worst race ever seen, Roodee King would probably win if running in the same style as his debut effort. Although this is a furlong further and different ground, so I am siding with Paddy Jack who, with even a repeat of his Catterick effort when over 5 lengths behind Raccoon. Josphiel is the highest rated horse in the field, but is nothing more than a poor maiden. What looks like good form in two previous maidens actually isn't, as both of those races were almost as poor as this one. Saying that, a reproduction of either of those efforts would surely bag this horse a place. Race 6: Bijou Dan - I really don't trust Dimashq to repeat his latest effort from 8lb higher. Promise Maker has little excuse for his latest effort, as he was actually 2lbs lower than when he won two starts ago thanks to the claimer. He drops back to 57 today, 2lbs higher than when winning at Ripon. The ground is also more in his favour today and he's back with Graham Gibbons, but that's not enough for me, as Bijou Dan boasts some pretty good recent form (excellent form in the context of this race) and the one recent blip can be excused as the ground wasnt quite right. £5 staked.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.