Best bet of the day Sat 27th June

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 6.00 Doncaster - Fonterutoli Fonterutoli seems to be going the right way and is showing plenty of potential with 2 good runs and is now being bumped up to try his luck at 7f. Atzeni is on board who I feel is a very good young jockey and I reckon they can take this one 2pt Super Nap

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Newcastle 15.10 Like the look of Hits only Vic in this, raised only 4lb for beating some of todays rivals over 2m at haydock LTO. All of his best efforts have been at northern tracks with him relishing soft going, this will require a bit more from him but going, trip and a favorable draw give him a excellent chance IMO 0.5 pts E/W

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Chester 4.55 Seek & destroy (7f, Cl3, G/F) Course may suit this front runner & can get toi the rail from stall 3. Has to prove it can win of this mark but not disgraced last time out so another chnace well worth trying.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Newc 3.10 Wells Lyrical 1pt win Tricky race in some ways but I like this ones unexposed nature and seemingly has been prepared for this race after a promising seasonal reappearance over this trip. Last season this nicely bred sort was extremely progressive. He was placed four times before then running up a hat trick where he never won by that much but always did enough and always stayed on strongly to win. A worry with the types who win time and time again is that they don’t always do it again next season but this one showed so much promise on his seasonal return. He came second to a decent sort in downhiller but that was a fine comeback run and this looks a target and one which he can run well in from a low draw to get a good position unlike some of his nearest market rivals.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Dar Re Mi - Curragh 3.40 Pretty Polly Stakes Only two 3 year olds in the race that could be open to any amount of improvement and quite a shock to see the Aidan O Brien horse at 25-1, that looks big considering the stables domination of Group races and also with the race being over in Ireland. Jakarta Jazz and Beach Bunny don't look good enough on what they have achieved so far although the trainer of Jakarta Jazz has won this race twice previously. Katiyra has raced in three Group 1 races and was well beaten in two of them, both on good ground. It's hard to know if it was the ground or class that caught up with the horse or both. It was 3rd in a French Group 1, beaten 3l but on good to soft ground. Look Here ran a fine race over 12f when finishing just behind Ask and Youmzain but 10f looks on the quick side considering the pedigree and the fact it was 3rd in the St Leger last year to Conduit. Dropping back in trip may be a mistake and most previous winners had been running over 10f before taking this race. A stat in its favour is the last 4 winners were favourites and this is likely favourite today. Lush Lashes has some top class form but has been disappointing this season. It had the excuse of heavy ground two runs ago but just seemed to run flat last time out and there were no obvious excuses for such a poor performance. Previous multiple Group 1 winner yet still out at 7-1 in the betting and that doesn't inspire confidence. Dar Re Mi has only had the 1 run this season when finishing 2nd to Crystal Capella at York in a thrilling finish, showing a great attitude and battling all the way to the line over 10f. It has placed group 1 form to Lush Lashes and Zarkava but both those races were over 12f. It looked fit in the paddock at York and was well supported and there is no shame about losing to the progressive Crystal Capella that has 6 wins on the bounce. I have doubts about the trip for Look Here and doubts about the ground for Katiyra and have had Dar Re Mi as one to follow since that day at York and have been eagerly awaiting its next run. John Gosden has been out of form but he still had a Group 2 winner in Bronze Cannon recently and Rainbow View put in a better and more encouraging performance. Jimmy Fortune replaces Frankie Dettori from last time and has ridden the horse 4 times with one victory but early in its career. The obvious problem with the race is the lack of front runners to set an early pace, every horse in the race either likes to race prominently and track the leaders or is held up in midfield, a tactical nightmare but could possibly play into the hands of the speed horses if it turns into a sprint.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 310 Newcastle : Ajaan Highly thought of and ran 5th to Honolulu at Roayal Ascot last year when not staying the mammoth trip, was jarred up on the very firm ground at Sandown after that and has taken time to recover, his second in the Chester Cup was a very good run and the first real signs that he's on his way back and expect a bold run here on the softer surface. Looks a classy type in a below average race this year for me.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 4.55 Chester Seek 'n Destroy is all the rage despite his York flop and Deadley Encounter is another towards the head of the betting, but steps up in grade. With those two having something to prove, this looks a race best left to Cheviot. The Michael Jarvis trained gelding has been knocking on the door this year and was mugged of a win on his reappearance at Ripon when running out a quarter of a length short of Mister Laurel. However, he negotiated a class rise well in 0-100 company at Salisbury, latest, when running short of room in a tight finish in third. This extra furlong should help and although Phillip Robinson is engaged at Newcastle and unable to take the ride, JP Guillambert will prove an able deputy. Really fancy this one. 1 pt win.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June SUNRISE SAFARI 2.35 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Not been at his best recently, but there can be excuses made for this runs. Returns to a track which he has proved in the past that he likes, so with racing off an attractive mark of 82 today, it does suggest he has every chance of a win if finding his form again. The trip and ground are not a concern.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June hogmaneigh 335 wind. 0.5 pts ew. not been firing of late, but this race can be run to suit and he gets in off a mark of 102 which suggests he can go close. the recent rain will be helpful to him, and if more rain comes then the better it will be. the trip is good, but all about getting that fast pace to run down and he should get that today. around 18s would be an attractive price.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June DAMIKA 3.45 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Has done well enough this season to suggest he can improve a bit today, and if he does than he can go close off a mark of 97. The trip wouldn't be a concern and the little bit of rain that fell last night and yesterday would be welcomly received. Should be able to run at his own pace within the race, so with already showing a liking for this track and with being around the 11/1 mark, I think he's a value bet, irrespective of the end result.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 5.10 Windsor Sterling Sound 0.5pts E/W She hasn't run any worse than 4th in all of her outings to date and is running off the same OR of 73 as when 3rd LTO. The two who beat her LTO, Charlotte Point and Cumana Bay, both went on to win their next race and Cumana Bay then ran 2nd after that. The 4th in Sterling Sound's last race, Silver Games, has subsequently ran 3rd, 1st, 2nd and 4th in her next four races. The form from Sterling Sound's last race seems to be working out quite well IMO. Both Charlotte Point and Cumana Bay are racing against each other again today in the 4.35 at Newmarket, so it will be interesting to see if they can further frank the form of my choice's last race?

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 1pt Win Ordnance Row - 3pm Windsor Likes the course, the 1m trip is his best distance and any rain will improve his chances. And, if the ground does soften, it won't help his main rival Premio Loco. A good write up about the horse can be found at ..............

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 4:00 Newmarket. Wintercast 1 point LAY This is a lightly raced 4 year old - only four runs in total so far, including three this season. He has come close in all three of those (within 2.5 lengths each time). But thereby is my doubt. He always seems to find trouble, and I'm not entirely sure this isn't partly of his own making. He has always been running on at the end, but not reaching the leader(s). I suspect the race will need to be run exactly to suit him if he is to prevail - i.e. one in which there is a modest pace and the leaders don't get far ahead. I'm not sure he'll get that today. Because he's always coming close, he has edged up in the weights - 3lbs increase from his last defeat. This won't help his chances, and along with my doubts about whether the race will necessarily be run to suit him, I believe there is value in laying at the current low price of under 2/1.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 3.25 Newmarket - Express Wish - 1 pt EW Banker Bet. Struggling today with the change of ground all over the place and non-runners ruining the odds on the ones I had pencilled in..........:@ Express Wish has won a group 3 over 7 furlongs, has won on softish ground and the trainer is in decent form. He ran poorly first time up this season, you can't get away from that...........but hopefully he'll improve a bit for a run The rain softened ground might not suit some of his rivals whereas he should handle it ok.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 4.55 Chester - LUCKY NUMBERS (win) The outsider of the septet, but not without his chances in my opinion. Dropped back down to a mark of 85 following his lto 6th of 20 at York over 6f. That was a decent effort and he was staying on at the finish, suggesting to me that this step up to 7f could help - and his breeding does nothing to dispel the thought.. Ran below par 2 back over a trip too short, but his 2 efforts back that give him every chance here today, including a 2nd over 6f at this course, and a head 2nd to Proclaim at Doncaster.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 4.40 Windsor 5 NR's so just 11 left for this 6f sprint and a pretty open race, so the one for me is: Make My Dream (9/1 >Bet365 BOG) - Looks a really big price to me for a horse that is both well handicapped and well drawn. Horse has run decent races over the last 12 months but has struggled to get its head in front. The drop of 2lb in mark, with the added bonus of a very good apprentice taking a further 5lb off makes this look very well handicapped. Drawn only 3 off the rail and should make a bold bid from the fore of the pack. Easy to ignore last couple of runs where the trip was too sharp so the additional furlong in its favour. Likes the track too having finished in the first 4 on each of its 4 starts here, never finishing more than 1.5L off the winner. Nice price and great EW chance. EW

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Newcastle 16:50 Dechiper ran well LTO over course and distance and is a reluctant selection. Finished well a length or so in-front of Grey Command, a horse which has failed to do anything much since that race so that puts a little bit of a downer on this selection. Dechiper didn't get a clear run in that race however and it could mean that if it gets its way, it could win this one. 1pt Win.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June L6.15 Lilly Blue 1pt Win Showed much improved last time and it looks significant that the horses new trainer has booked the excellent Jack Mitchell for the ride today. The trainer is in blistering form and also had a particularly good strike rate at the track. The horse also competed in a class 1 event last year so is obviously reasonably well thought of and back at class 6 could be in the shake up.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 6.35 FIRST IN COMMAND 0.5 E/W Think this Irish trained runner has a chance in this although hasn't been at its best so far this year has won a couple of 6f race so the fact they come over here and this is there only runner here makes me think this horse will bounce back and will go well tonight off a reasonable mark should reach the frame at least with a very decent app on board imo.

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June 8.25 lingfield Mybestbet has been out of form recently but slipping back down the ratings and is dropped a further 3lb today back to his last winning mark of 70, winning has come on the all weather over 6f and he could be more suited to that trip. Holland taking the ride of some interest 0.5pt e/w mybestbet

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June

6.35 FIRST IN COMMAND 0.5 E/W Think this Irish trained runner has a chance in this although hasn't been at its best so far this year has won a couple of 6f race so the fact they come over here and this is there only runner here makes me think this horse will bounce back and will go well tonight off a reasonable mark should reach the frame at least with a very decent app on board imo.
:ok Nice one Ted - looked like it was rocket-fuelled. Only danger was the jockey falling off :loon

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June

6.35 FIRST IN COMMAND 0.5 E/W Think this Irish trained runner has a chance in this although hasn't been at its best so far this year has won a couple of 6f race so the fact they come over here and this is there only runner here makes me think this horse will bounce back and will go well tonight off a reasonable mark should reach the frame at least with a very decent app on board imo.
Good work, sir! Paid for your :beertonight. :ok

Re: Best bet of the day Sat 27th June Nothing better has tickled me tonight, so it's this one for me: 7.05 Doncaster Preference goes to EVERYBODY KNOWS who has won her last two on turf (most recently over today's distance) and can go well again today. That most recent win has worked out well, form-line wise, with the 2nd horse that day finishing 23 since and the 3rd placed horse managing 51 since. Can make all from a good draw. 1pt WIN 4.3 @ Betfair