Cricket: The Ashes 2009

The main event of the summer is now only 2 weeks away. Australia begun their tour at Hove today so it's about time we get this thread up and running with discussion and bets. Plenty of markets up to get stuck into over the coming weeks ahead of what should be a fantastic series. Series odds: Best prices - England 12/5 Draw 11/2 Australia 8/11 Schedule:

Wed Jul 8 - Sun Jul 12 11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 1st Test - England v Australia Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif
Thu Jul 16 - Mon Jul 20 11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 2nd Test - England v Australia Lord's, London
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif
Thu Jul 30 - Mon Aug 3 11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 3rd Test - England v Australia Edgbaston, Birmingham
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif
Fri Aug 7 - Tue Aug 11 11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 4th Test - England v Australia Headingley, Leeds
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif
Thu Aug 20 - Mon Aug 24 11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 5th Test - England v Australia Kennington Oval, London
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: The Ashes 2009 Both England and Australia play warm up matches from tomorrow with Australia's game with England Lions live on Sky all week. Looking at this Lions side I think it's very light in the batting. 4pts Australia to beat England Lions 11/10 Blue Square Australia play their final warm up match before the Ashes at New Road when they take on an England Lions side which will be skippered by Ian Bell. This is Australia's 2nd warm up match but one which Ricky Ponting has asked for a high intensity performance from his players. I think he'll get it too. On paper, this Australia side looks a lot better than the English one, particularly in the batting which is all important at New Road. The wicket there will be pretty flat in the main but with thunder showers forecast for a couple of the days that should benefit the seamers. Australia will probably want a flat deck because England's strength is in their bowling attack, particularly the Durham duo of Harmison and Onions. Mahmood is a very good bowler too whereas while the batting has 3 home players in it in Davies, Moore and Solanki it still looks weak to me, particularly with Davies batting at 6. Australia have a good batting lineup who all got runs at Hove with the exception of North and they have a good attack too so I'll back them to pick up what I hope is there only win of the summer ;).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.