back to lay strategy

first of all..hi to everyone now, ive been paper testing ( and still am ) a system of sorts, which involves backing a horse well before the off, and laying to all green at a lower price. ok i know its hardly original..but my method is using the form in the racing post ( last 3 races usually printed ) look at every horse and in its form comments, look out for the beast that is backed EVERY time..ie it will say horse a..7/1 opened 12/1. if a horse is backed in every race featured..then chances are its a typical gamble horse, eminating from possibly enthusiastic owners. back these horses early in the day and hopefully lay back when the money comes for them. so far..in paper trialling, the success rate is up around 85% there are dramatic cuts in price and moderate cuts, and more often than not, even at worst you break even or make a very small loss. hope this makes sense, any thoughts or input?:hope

Re: back to lay strategy Hi Chaz, Yes, makes sense. I back to lay in-run, on Betfair. It's worthwhile too get to know the hard core gambling yards, if their runner drifts lay them & green up, if come in back them. But we have to identify them, before the average joe soap, otherwise the price has run it's course. I try to be 'green' before the race starts, sometimes I leave green ink on a springer. Some I get wrong, but overall creep ahead.

Re: back to lay strategy i find that horses owned by syndicates often attract the money, i know from experience that as a part owner, even if the horse isnt fancied, the syndicate members would all have their 50 quid each ways on...which at the racecourse will soon shorten up the price

Re: back to lay strategy im busy with work for the next 7 days, but after that i'll try and identify the horses i think will shorten before the off, and we'll see how much success this brings i'll post up the prices that i take and the price that i lay at..could be interesting :hope