The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical.

Hi all Im currently running a test regarding football bets, which involves picking a strong home team versus a weak away team, and seeing whay benefits there are if any to various bets, and how profitble is doing the exact opposite to what logic tells you to do! Full details as well as results for this test can be found at [ EDIT link removed ] Im not selling anything this is a free test just out of interest! Its a spreadsheet so you will need excel or similar. Results so far indicate that by backing poor away teams in lower leagues, you make a profit. This is when you apply my rules for finding the teams, you cant just pick any old away team they must have weak away form in comparison to the other teams strong home form. Its also proving very interesting regarding other bets such as laying the draw. If anyone has any imput or has tried anything like this before let me know! This is a test i feel has needed to be done in depth for some time but never seen anyone do it. Dave

Re: The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical. Also i would like to add that i will be updating the spreadsheet and putting selections on it BEFORE matches start, usualy the night beofre so to get selections just download the spreadsheet. Also im not sure because the sheet is on my site that this will be classed as spam or not, i hope it isnt and i hope you let me do this post, if not i understand but its very relevant and of interest. Dave

Re: The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical.

Also i would like to add that i will be updating the spreadsheet and putting selections on it BEFORE matches start, usualy the night beofre so to get selections just download the spreadsheet.
Doesn't work mate. You need to post all selections with all relevant data, selection, bookie, price, stake, etc... right here in this thread.
Also im not sure because the sheet is on my site that this will be classed as spam or not, i hope it isnt and i hope you let me do this post, if not i understand but its very relevant and of interest.
It is.

Re: The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical. Thers is to much to post on here and calculate which is why i use a spreadsheet, and odds are taken from h2h stats who record the odds from expekt, betfair, averages etc so its fair and everyone should get similar odds. I guess ill not use the forum then, sorry to have posted it up here i wasnt sure if allowed or not. Some forums allow you to attach a spreadsheed etc to posts, might be an option for you to think about in future so such complicated tests can be done. Sorry again Dave

Re: The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical. We do allow spreadsheets to be attached, we just don't allow links to commercial websites without explicit permission, and even if you use a spreadsheet you still need to post the bets in the forum. ( that's kind of the essense of a forum ) And please, there's nothing in the spreadsheet that can't just as easily be posted.

Re: The big football test, do the opposite to what you think is logical. OK thanks But the stuff on the spreadsheet im sure could no way be posted, i would have to post the outcomes of every single possible bet and the odds and results and that would take a good length of time retyping out for no reason and would look extremely messy also. Plus there is the impossibility of posting the odds until the average odds have been worked out or the starting odds have been determined which you cant do till after the match or right before anyway. I tried copying and pasting the sheet but it looked a right mess and didnt keep the format etc. Anyway not a problem, please delete this post mate as its pretty pointless now i guess.