Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1

Outright odds:

v15.gif v6004.gif v6140.gif v6074.gif v6139.gif v1.gif v6169.gif v6006.gif v2.gif v3.gif v6002.gif v10.gif v6018.gif v502.gif v6001.gif v4.gif v6005.gif v401.gif v6138.gif
chart_off.gifTaylor, P 1.4 1.36 1.42 1.44 1.36 1.4 1.44 1.4 1.4 1.44 1.5 1.44 1.36 1.4 1.44 1.4 1.43 1.4 1.39
chart_off.gif van Barneveld, R 5.5 5 5.9 5 5.5 5 5.5 6 5.5 5 4.5 6 5 5.5 5 5 6.2 6.2 5.6
chart_off.gif Wade, J 10 11 11 9 9 10 11 8.5 8 9 9 8 11 9 8 10 12 12 10.5
chart_off.gif King, M 23 26 24 23 23 21 23 21 21 17 26 17 26 21 29 26 27 27 24
chart_off.gif Jenkins, T 26 29 27 26 26 29 29 21 26 26 26 21 29 26 26 26 30 30 29
chart_off.gif Klaasen, J 26 26 24 26 29 26 26 21 26 21 21 26 26 34 23 26 27 26 23
chart_off.gif Part, J 41 41 35 41 41 34 41 51 41 34 51 51 41 41 34 41 41 42 40
chart_off.gif Mardle, W 51 67 54 51 51 67 51 67 51 34 51 51 67 67 67 51 64 65 55
Week 1 match odds:
Thursday 5 February 2009Player 1 Tie Player 2 BPP
Wade, J v Part, J (19:00GMT)1.666.803.95100.02 %Details »
Hide « Wade, J v Part, J
Klaasen, J v Jenkins, T (20:00GMT)2.305.802.48101.04 %Details »
Hide « Klaasen, J v Jenkins, T
King, M v Mardle, W (21:00GMT)1.915.903.05102.09 %Details »
Hide « King, M v Mardle, W
van Barneveld, R v Taylor, P (22:00GMT)6.007.001.44100.18 %Details »
WADE 4/6 v PART 2/1. while wade has been off colour of late rumours of excess consumption he showed signs of improvement in the PC last week, against John who still insists on the crazy travelling policy of weekly trip across atlantic, a tough journey on a big man, i am going for wade here i reckon john may still be sicker than a pregnant tennager after his defeat from the jaws of victory against priestly in the PC and i'm taking james to win comfortably 8-3, or 8-4. KLAASEN 6/5 v JENKINS 6/5 the bookies cant split them and thats a fair judgement terry started slowly last term and jelle will take time to settle to PL crowds, also while both are capable scorers, they both can suffer double trouble, im goin to take th draw here at 4/1. KING 10/11 v MARDLE 6/4, i son't see why King is odds on here , new to this event, can have problems with noisy crowds, and i don't think he is playing near his best at the moment, we all know mardle is a seasoned pro in the PL, and big crowds are what he loves, while he can be macnificent we know he can also be poor, but his scoring power on it'd day is better than mervs, and i'm taking mardle here 8-4 or 8-5. BARNEVELD 10/3 v TAYLOR 2/5, the to WC finalists clash again and barney has a decent record against taylor in the PL, last year he was'nt himself and it showed, now back with his BDO darts, and returned confidence he will be a different player these two for me will be first and second, with Taylor the former. We have to take the power on his current from, no one can live with him barneys hope is to win throw, i reckon taylor to win 8-5, 8-6.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1 1 outright and 2 match bets for me at the minute. Will come back just before play begins to attack the special markets too I think. 1pt J.Klaasen to win Premier League w/o Taylor 9/1 Boylesports Jelle Klaasen has suddenly come into a decent run of form. It's taken him a while but it looks as though he's finally got to grips with the PDC now. He played really well at the world championships and only Barney at his incredulous best was able to stop him. Since then he went to Gibraltar and banged in 11 180's in 6 legs in one of the tournaments out there to underline his good form. Should Taylor win the tournament then Klaasen would only need to make the final to win this bet but of course if Taylor beats Klaasen in the semis we'll get refunded. I believe Klaasen has what it takes to make the top 4 and with Barney and Wade both having looked vulnerable at times in recent months, Klaasen could take advantage and become a bit of a surprise finalist in Wembley at the end of May. 4pts J.Klaasen to beat T.Jenkins (DNB) 10/11 Paddy Power As I've intimated above, Jelle Klaasen is red hot at the minute and I fancy him to have too much for The Bull. Klaasen isn't only hitting the 60 regularly but his checkouts is the most impressive I've seen them so far. Jenkins was excellent in 2007 and early 2008 but it's gone tits up for him since then with only a decent week at the Grand Slam a blot on an otherwise thoroughly disappointing last 6 months on TV. He'll be under a lot of pressure here to keep up with Klaasen's sustained scoring and even if he does do that he's got to hit his doubles which have been a real problem in recent TV events. With the throw in the 1st leg, I think Klaasen can pile the pressure on and come away with the win. 3pts W.Mardle to beat M.King (DNB) 7/5 Sportingbet This is Mervyn King's 1st taste of the Premier League razzmatazz. Part of the PL is the huge crowds who are usually very raucous and that's not an environment King thrives in. Stages are usually hot, especially now with HD TV around and that also doesn't help him. Mardle will thrive on the atmosphere. He's used to it and is a seasoned pro at using it to his advantage. I know King beat Mardle in his back yard at the weekend but the huge crowd really is likely to be a factor here and that just about levels it up enough for me to take Mardle, who played well in beating Walsh at the weekend, without the draw.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1 cheers for that kev makes my post at least look good! i reckon i've found a market to dish out bloody noses to bookies, 180 HANDICAP. MARDLE +19 @9/2, wow i'm having a slice of this, a 19 maximums start for one of the heaviest (if inconsistent ) 180s throwers in the game, sorry too good to turn down, yes wayne can have off nights but when he hits form he will out score the rest of this field and lets consider there are 14 matchdays, lets presume wayne plays well for at least 8-10 of them, and on each night hits at least 2, with handicap thats 47 in total and thats a conservative estimate, taylor +1, barney scr, klassen+5, wade +6, will strugle to come near that tally, and Part, King, and Jenkins the others in double figures handicaps i believe are no bigger scorers than mardle, so get it on , hope to be back later , will leave you with handicap list and odds BARNEVELD scr 6/1. JENKINS +12, 13/2. TAYLOR +1, 6/1. PART +14. 13/2. KLASSEN+5 6/1. KING +14. 6/1. WADE +6. 6/1. MARDLE +19. 9/2.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1 Just one to note with this event on the correct scores. Its something I worked on last year and it worked out about level through the event. I belive there is a distinct advantage about the Premier League in that it is a rare competition where it is known before hand who has the thrown, well at least the last few years it has been. I always think it is worth bearing in mind when doing correct score betting. For me the home player each week is more likely to win 8-1, 8-3 and 8-5 than say 8-2, 8-4 and 8-6. ie. he is more likely to win the game 8-5 by holding his own throw rather than winning it 8-4 by breaking his opponent in the twelfth leg of the match. Similarly the away player is more likely to win 8-2, 8-4 and 8-6 than 8-1, 8-3 and 8-5. One outright: King to qualify for the semis 6/4 boylesports 10 pts. Unlike others, King really has earned his right to be here. He has produced very good and consistent darts to be in the PL since his move to the PDC. To get into the top 6 in the space of just two years and without winning a huge tv event either shows his superb consistency. Klaasen in the same period has not even got in the top 25 and for me is a wild card more for his image than his actual darts. Looking at this market, its not easy for King in that Taylor surely takes up one of the top 4 spaces and even though they may not quite be in Taylor's class, Wade and Barney probably will take up the other two spots. So effectively there is one spot for 5 players but I feel King is good enough to take that spot and even challenge Barney and Wade. I dont consider Part a huge threat in this and he has not been in the past in this event. Jenkins had a real mixed year last year. Mardle and Klaasen are both somewhat dubious wildcards in terms of their dart playing ability and Mardle especially has been a real letdown when he has played in this before. King is a quality player and I believe he will really show that in this event. There is a slight doubt about how he will cope with the unique and loud atmosphere of the PL but he is a professional campaigner and I believe he will cope with it and indeed it wouldnt surprise me that being the determined character he is, it could bring out the best in him. And one for the night: King to beat Mardle 10/11 skybet 10 pts I have already spoken of what I think about King. He is quality dart player and really has done well to qualify for this with really good consistent darts in the last two years. Mardle in contrast had every chance to qualify outright for this and he couldnt. Yet again he got a wildcard and he has not exactly used it well in the past. Mardle has flopped in each of his last three PL campaigns where he has not reached the semis once. Indeed each time he has lost on the first night so that does not bode well tonight. King also has a good record against Mardle. In the last 8 times the pair have met, Mardle has only won once and lost the last time he played King just last weekend. I guess there is a slight doubt how King despite all his experience will settle in to the PL but if he settles in ok with the throw straight away, I think he will beat the entertainer Mardle.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1

Just one to note with this event on the correct scores. Its something I worked on last year and it worked out about level through the event. I belive there is a distinct advantage about the Premier League in that it is a rare competition where it is known before hand who has the thrown' date=' well at least the last few years it has been. I always think it is worth bearing in mind when doing correct score betting. For me the home player each week is more likely to win 8-1, 8-3 and 8-5 than say 8-2, 8-4 and 8-6. ie. he is more likely to win the game 8-5 by holding his own throw rather than winning it 8-4 by breaking his opponent in the twelfth leg of the match. Similarly the away player is more likely to win 8-2, 8-4 and 8-6 than 8-1, 8-3 and 8-5.[/quote'] :ok This was something I looked at last year also. Another of using this 'anomaly' is in the Handicaps markets. For instance tonight: Wade v Part Wade is a best priced 5/8 to win. However, as the 'home' player, it is more likely he win 8-5 by holding throw than 8-6 by breaking in the 14th leg like you say. Wade on the -2.5 handicap is 9/10

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1 Thursday February 5th Wade (-2.5) to beat Part (1.90 Boylesports) Wade 8-5 (5.50 var) & 8-3 (8.00 Coral) Why the Canadian Part puts himself through the rigours of transatlantic 'commuting' only he knows, but he has been off form and struggling, and Wade - who looked on the way back in the Players Championships - can take advantage with an opening day win. As he is the home player he is more likely to win to 5 than to 6. Odds for him to win are 5/8, but you can get 9/10 for him winning (-2.5 legs) which 8-5 would cover :ok Klassen v Jenkins - no bet King v Mardle - no bet Taylor (-3.5) to beat Barneveld (2.05 Extrabet) Taylor 8-4 (6.00 Boylesports) & 8-2 (12.00 Extrabet) Barney may well be feeling better in himself for using his old BDO darts, but Taylor has been in unstoppable form, pretty much since the latter stages of last year's Premier League, and I can't oppose him. He is 4/6 to win (-2.5 legs) yet 21/20 to win (-3.5 legs). Given that he is more likely to win 8-4 than 8-5, I have to take the odds against on the bigger handicap.

Re: Darts: Premier League 2009 Outright & Week 1 Just adding one to my bets for tonight. Same bet as I played in the world final only a lower line tonight. 6pts P.Taylor's 3 dart average - Over 101.5 4/6 William Hill Phil Taylor is very rarely under this line these days. Maybe his low average against Colin Lloyd at the weekend is responsible for that. In the final of the Players Championship finals at the weekend he missed a lot of doubles and still averaged 99.71. In two matches against Barneveld last year he averaged 103.02 and 111.14 and we all know what he did to him in the world final. I'm sure Taylor will be out to set a marker down tonight and I expect another high average from the great one. Maximum of 14 legs tonight, more likely 11 or 12 and I think over such a short distance that Taylor will average over 101.50.

Just adding one to my bets for tonight. Same bet as I played in the world final only a lower line tonight. 6pts P.Taylor's 3 dart average - Over 101.5 4/6 William Hill Phil Taylor is very rarely under this line these days. Maybe his low average against Colin Lloyd at the weekend is responsible for that. In the final of the Players Championship finals at the weekend he missed a lot of doubles and still averaged 99.71. In two matches against Barneveld last year he averaged 103.02 and 111.14 and we all know what he did to him in the world final. I'm sure Taylor will be out to set a marker down tonight and I expect another high average from the great one. Maximum of 14 legs tonight, more likely 11 or 12 and I think over such a short distance that Taylor will average over 101.50.
Taylor averaged 107.50. It wasn't quite printing money but it was as near as you'll get :dude. Solid if unspectacular 1pt profit for me for the 3 bets.

Thursday February 5th Wade (-2.5) to beat Part (1.90 Boylesports) Wade 8-5 (5.50 var) & 8-3 (8.00 Coral) Taylor (-3.5) to beat Barneveld (2.05 Extrabet) Taylor 8-4 (6.00 Boylesports) & 8-2 (12.00 Extrabet).
-2pts on the Wade match, but +3.05pts on the Taylor match, so another solid if unspectacular start :ok If only Taylor had held his throw at 7-2 :spank