Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Group A_Osijek Argentina,Slovakia,Australia,Hungary,France and Romania will fight for the first three places in this group and a place in the next round of WC. France is the biggest favourite in this group and also one of the main favs. on championship. Karabatic and Narcisse could break up every defence,with Fernandes and Gouigoa(two world class players)this teams gains so much on speed,and they have on of the best world keepers,Omeyer.They shouldn't have problems in this phase of the championship! Romania in the last qual. shown that they can fight well against the biggest.Win over mighty Poland but just a week later,conviceing loss from Sweden.They have quality but they lack consistancy,what is very essence for a championship like this.Romania have solid team and surely is one of the candidates in group A for advanceing in the second round. Together with France and Romania,Hungary should confirm their quality and go throught this group.Their biggest success is silver medal from 1986(lost from Yugoslavia in the final) but it looks that Hungarian handball is coming back.Most of the players coming from Veszprem and Szeged(two big names in european handball),but the biggest star is 'coming from Barcelona' Laszlo Nagy.Osijek is really close to Hungary,so i think that they will have great support in every match in this group.Hungary plays very well in defence,create fast counterattacks and that is their main weapon.Everything less than second round,will be big dissapointment for this team. Slovakia can embitter:unsure Romanian or Hungarian live on this WC,while every point for Australia and Argentina will be big surprise(except when they'll face each other). :ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Group B_Split It will be very interesting in this group.In Split there are three ex-world champions in the name of Croatia,Sweden and Spain. Croatia with the full right is expecting fight for medal on home ground,supporters will be their eight player! Injury of Ivano Balic,one of the worlds best players is causing big headaches to croatian chief Lino Cervar,Balic is in the team and will play on the championship,but the question is,will he perform as good as he really can?after 2 months of treatment of his injury. Croatia is one of the few representations that can combine many kinds of defence in their play 6-0 3-2-1 5-1 what is great attribute,i think.Players like Djomba,Dominikovic,Shulic are not in the team anymore,but there are some youngsters(Duvnjak and Cupic)who already shown that they can endure the most tough fights and they are appropriate changes for 'old players'.Support will incredible in Split and Zagreb(2nd round) for Croatia!they are one of the main candidates for the trophy this year..:\ Sweden handball marked 50',60',90'years of the last century.They have won 4 worlds golds,4 european,they are only lacking olympic.. After euro-championship 2002 in Sweden,where they won the gold,there was generations change in the representation. New players performed really good at last year EC in Norway,where they've won 5th place.Sweden will miss their best player for this championship,Marcus Ahlm because of injury,but there is the biggest 'new generation' star Jonas Kalman-guy who posses incredible shot,is really tall and can play both_attack and defence!Every other player in the team is more than solid and i must notice that there are two great goalkeepers in the team. This young team has great desire for affirmation and we should expect high place for them on this championship. Spaniards are world champs of 2005,they've won the bronze at the olympics last year,they've never missed a single world championship from 1978 till now_three times playin in the semis and once winning the throne in Tunis! Spain is one of the few national teams in which play only the players of local clubs (in my opinion Spain handball league is the worlds best),players have great experience and knowledge,also excellent coach.They play very tough in defence 6-0,their counter attack is incredibly good..surely one of the candidates for the top.. Korea is the best asian handball team,who should easily beat 'tourist' in this group,but there are no chances for advanceing in the next round for asian team,we'll see.. :ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Group c_Varazdin Germany_althought before two years,on home ground they've become world champs,Germans are not favs. to win this championship,in meanwhile they've made generations change.Zeitz,Fritz,Baur,Kehrmann,Schwarzer are not in the team anymore. Leader of this team,now is Pascal Hens(great young HSV player),guy who has some injury difficulties lately,but when he is fit,surely is one of the best world shooters. Germany,similar as Spain,have very strong handball league_hard matches every week (most of the players are coming from German clubs).In defence they mainly play 6-0,with strong counterattack,like most of the european teams(except Croatia).In the team there are Glandorf and Krause,also great shooters.Kehrmann(right wing)declined his participation in the last moment,so now they have big problem on that position! This team is followed everywhere by their fans,so good support is expected in Varazdin also.Germany should pass this phase of the championship,for something more,we'll see.. Russia was world leading handball nation before 10-15 years(world champions of 1993 and 1997),but after the gold in Sydney 2000,there is a fall is russian men handball! Back in present_GOOD team,that we should see passing in the next round.Rastvorcev,Filipov,Igropulo,Jevdokimov,Cipurin are great players,they are coming from Chehovski Medvedi(russian champion),team who has shown great performances in champions league last year.Russia was two times 'good' beaten in the preparation period by Croatia,but that don't has to mean much,i think. World vicechampions,Poland is coming in Croatia with big problems.Tkaczyk,their best player is not in the team because of injury.Bros Lijewski,Bielecko,Jurasik are playing in Bundes-league what is big plus,maybe hadicap too(killer rhythm).On position goalkeeper they don't have 'good' man.They still are favs.for advanceing in the next round.. Germany,Russia and Poland are the biggest favourites for the second round,but it wouldn't be big surpise to me,if we see Tunis or Macedonia there. Tunis is lead by great coach,Zivkovic and an excellant player,Hmam(best scorer in French championship).For now,i don't have something more to add,sorry.. Macedonia have more than solid team,players are coming from(Vardar and Metalurg),two clubs that we see in the eurocups for the last 5-6 years,what means that they are experienced,team leader is Kire Lazarov,top goalscorer in champions league from last year!Macedonians have made the biggest upset in qual.with the win over Iceland(2008 olympic vicechampion),and with that secured place in Croatia. Algeria is total outsider in this kind of competition.. :ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Group D_Porec Denmark is European champion,'bronze' from last WC and the biggest fav. to win this group. After they've won last EC,their best plyer have left the team,Boldsen what surely is big handicap,but there are players in the team that could be appropriate change on that position_for example Christiansen,one of the best left wingers in the world.If Hvidt (goalkeeper) defends his goal like on the last Euro in Norway,than Denmark opponents will have big difficulties to break them.They are trying to put their very fast play in every match and are defending(classic scandinavian)6-0.This team is experienced enough and full of self-confidence..sure travellers in the next round! Serbia for the first time will perform by that name.. Most of the players are coming from Spain ASOBAL league,what tells a lot for this team. Curuvija is one of the best scorers is Spain,here are also Bojinovic and Nikolic (great shooters).They can combine many kinds of defence,what is advantage,i think,they are very experienced too..they will be highly motivated in Croatia and i already see them in the 2nd round! Norway often participates on World championships,but never makes big results.There are hopes that they can make good result(semifinal)this time. Some great plyers are in the team,that are coming from Spain or German clubs.Goalkeeper is excelant Ege,biggest star is Kjelling from Portland,Jensen is very tough(Flensburg)player who commands with the defence.Myrhol,Strand, and Loke are the others players that should help this team to go throught in the next round.. Egyptians will try to involve in the battle for the third place in D group (they are expecting two sure wins over Brazil and S.Arabia,like every other team in this group) what will be very hard,indeed. Team is lead by great coach Pipe Smiljagic,most of the players are coming from two biggest Egyptian clubs (Ahly and Zamalek),just Bakir Narib have felt the power of european handball in Paris (France:D) and also El Fakharny,Fusche (Germany) player.They will try to surprise Norway or Serbia,i think and with that to advance in the next phase,but i see very small posibilities for something like that. Brazil and Saudi Arabia will try to avoid the bottom in this group,in thier mutual fight.. :ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb There are some rumours that Yoon Kjung-Shin best Korean player won't play tomorrow at the opening game on the championship,but still not for sure! Croatia will surely win this match but i don't see value for Croatia straight win tomorrow,if the above rumour shows true,i'll let you know and maybe bet on Croatia handicap(-7.5)win @ 1.85.

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Croatian newspapers says that Korea is missing three players for todays match Cho,Yoon and Paek..i've started last championship(WEHC)with Croatian hadicap win and it shows like very profitable champ. i believe that Croatia could cover the handicap at the start of this championship too..:hope Croatia handicap win(-7.5)@1.85 Let start another succesful punters championship :cheers

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Spain v. Kuwait_pick Spain handicap(-20.5)win @ 1.85 I expect powerful start by the Spaniards(together with France,the biggest favs. for winning the title in my opinion)in their first match on the championship.I will just say that the difference btw these two sides is way too big and hope that the goal diff. will be as same big as quality difference at the end. Kuwait has only one win on the last three WC,over 'amateur' Grenland and i've also noticed 15 loss in their other games>>heavy loss from Spain in 2003(48:15)! Spain looked very strong in the preparation period,while Kuwait managed to score only 14 goals in their loss from Sweden few days ago expressed with 30 goals diff. i see no reason why Spain couldn't beat Kuwait with similar goal difference..:hope Slovakia v. Argentina_pick Slovakia win @ 1.2 Not so valuable bet,but safer i think.Argentina is poor handball representation that shouldn't take more than two points in this group(win over Australia is well possible). On the other side Slovakia is nothing special,but still Euro team with more quality than the opponents,that should push hard in their must win game at the start and with that to extend their hopes for something more in the prolongation of the championship.:hope Germany v. Russia_pick Russia win @ 2.5 Going with the dogs here,i think that Russia is underestimated by the bookies and that value just can't be missed.Germans are actual World champs,but they are not able to justify that roll,they'll disapoint this year,i think! Germany was 'smashed' few days ago by Spain(28:17)what tells that they don't belong in the handball elite(odds are set like they do). Russia has shown some very good game in the prep. period(for example,only minor loss form France 32:30),it's very hard to break this team. This will be very equaled game,with the winner decideing in the end! and with the great momentum in Russian team and highquality players i believe that they could get the victory here.In the last 9 meetings,Germany has 7 wins,Russia only one,and one draw from last year in Beijing!tommorow we will see the same squads like in Beijing.:hope Egypt v. Serbia_pick Serbia @ 1.55 I'm preety confident in this pick,i think this price is real gift by the bookies. Egypt is solid team,with great coach and good experience on WC,but win over mighty Serbian representation is something that they could only dream for.They have big problems to break Algeria(28:25)five days ago and comfortably loose from Russia(35:29)six days ago. Serbia has class better players in the team,that should not have problems to beat their opponent tommorow. Bookies make me feel that i'm wrong about this one,but i'm not:tongue2..:hope No bet for me on the Macedonia v. Tunis match,as i'm Macedonian and i'm hoping for a succecful start for my boys there:hope,if i must tip on this one i would pick Tunis win.. I'ts always hard to predict matches with giant hadicap,especialy at the start of a competition like this,so i'm staying away from France,Sweden,Denmark,Norway and Hungary wins_no bets for me on those games :ok p.s.Guys,feel free to post your picks,opinions or anything else related with MWHC here:cheers

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb

Croatia handicap win(-7.5)@1.85
That team don't deserve 'top conteder' epithet.They looked so static in the opening game and have big luck to win this game,the best goalscorer in history of Croatian handball Metlicic succed to score in late 58min. for the first time,Balic is not fit enough as i could see in his play,only Vori played on desired level and as a leader of this average team,somehow succeed to get the victory! I'm not so dissapointed for losing this bet>more dissapionted that Korea missed to take good result today,they really deserve that! Now i have better view for the next Croats and Korean matches..FT Croatia v. S.Korea (27:26):\

Spain v. Kuwait_pick Spain handicap(-20.5)win @ 1.85 Slovakia v. Argentina_pick Slovakia win @ 1.2 Germany v. Russia_pick Russia win @ 2.5 Egypt v. Serbia_pick Serbia @ 1.55Bookies make me feel that i'm wrong about this one,but i'm not:tongue2..
Spain v. Kuwait 47:17:nana Slovakia v. Argentina 27:25:nana Germany v. Russia 26:26:@ Egypt v. Serbia 22:30:nana

No bet for me on the Macedonia v. Tunis match,as i'm Macedonian and i'm hoping for a succecful start for my boys there:hope,if i must tip on this one i would pick Tunis win..FT 24:25:wall
Macedonia would like to justify todays loss,tomorrow in their match against Algeria.I still can't find any handicap line for this match,but i think that Macedonia could cover something like (-15) difference!Let's see what handicap line,bookies will give and if they set something below 15,i'm taking it immediately.:cheers bwin,set 7.5 handicap_i'm not sure that it will last long,so Macedonia (-7.5) win @ 1.85 for me

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Spain v. Cuba_pick Spain(-25.5)win @ 1.85:hope I will stick with Spaniards once again,todays game vs. Kuwait looks like harder training for them and they were more than convincing at the end.Cuba shows that they 'can not' play handball_conceding 41 today and score only 14 goals,i think that they will look even more miserable tomorrow:ok

Nice work Repunt :ok
:ok Tunis v. Germany_pick Tunis(+4.5)win @1.85 & under 56.5 goals @ 1.85 Participants that will advance in the next round,will carry over only the points earned in the matches vs. the teams that will be there(2nd.round),too.Germany will be there surely and they are big favs. to win this game.Tunis knows that their todays opponents are sure travellers in the next round,and after yesterdays victory apetites in the team are much bigger,they will try to stay unbeaten this evening(what will be very hard).I expect defensive style of play on both sides as this game can be very important for the prolongation of the championship,i think that we'll not see many goals and that Germany will have big probs to break this great Tunisian team.:hope

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb What a day:loon Algeria v. Macedonia 19:32:nana Spain v. Cuba 45:20:nana(i've place the bet today at 24.5 hand.line,hope u too)that 25.5 line was the first that i've found yesterday Tunis v. Germany 24:26 :nana;:nana(two bets on this one) S.Korea v. Sweden 25:31:nana Serbia v. Denmark 36:37 :nana(this was close) Kuwait v. Croatia 21:40 :nana :ok

What a day:loon Algeria v. Macedonia 19:32:nana Spain v. Cuba 45:20:nana(i've place the bet today at 24.5 hand.line,hope u too)that 25.5 line was the first that i've found yesterday Tunis v. Germany 24:26 :nana;:nana(two bets on this one) S.Korea v. Sweden 25:31:nana Serbia v. Denmark 36:37 :nana(this was close) Kuwait v. Croatia 21:40 :nana :ok
Ehhm..:eek.. not much to say :notworthy

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Germany v. Algeria_pick Germany handicap(-13.5)win @1.85 Yesterday Macedonia managed to cover similar difference over Algeria.Germany as world champion didn't look convincing at all,i think that today they will!Here is a chance for the champions to pump their goal difference.If Macedonia could,i don't see reason why Germany can't cover that handicap against so weak opponent..:hope Hungary v. Slovakia_pick Hungary win @ 1.3 I decide to take the safer version bet on this one,odds suggesting that it's not going to be so easy for Hungary(ok!not taking the handicap),in the same time they are real gift. With the same odds for Hungary win in the match yesterday against Romania>much better team than Slovakia,Madzars managed to win 30:27!They are class better side in this clash and should not have problems to win this one.Slovaks won with incredible +30 goals yesterday vs. Australia,but that don't scares me at all(ausies are amateurs),two days ago have big problems to brake inferior Argentina! It will be more easy than odds suggesting,i think!!:hope Sweden v. Spain_pick Spain win @ 1.5 Sweden young team is in Croatia without their best player Ahlm,in yesterdays match against Korea one of their best players Marcus Karlsson got injured and he is questionable for todays game!I'm afraid :D that Spain would not have a loss on the championship as i've watched both of their 'training' games_atomic handball! I can't see this Sweden young team making an upset here,even if Ahlm and Karlsson were in the team i would still be on the Spanish side..quality surely is..:hope France v. Australia_pick France handicap(-29.5)win @1.85 Aussies are amateurs,France is no.1 fav. to win the championship!That says enough,i think. Australia will not score more than 15,France to score more than 50 is well possible..:hope Few other games are enticing to me,coming with my thoughts later in the day:ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Brazil v. Serbia_pick Brazil handicap(+12.5)win @ 1.85 Serbia played one hell of a game yesterday,they've had 7 goals advantage at the start of the 2nd half,but they've lost at the end.The reason of this changement in the result,i think is that Serbs were exhausted (mental and physical) of that incredible tempo! I know that Serbian coach is forcing very fast play for the whole 60mins. of the game,but the players needs a rest after yesterdays exhaustion + most important games in this gr. for Serbia are yet to come.I don't expect that they will push so hard on Brazilian goal,besides,Brazil is not Kuwait,Australia or Cuba,they are solid team who will show some resistance tryin to stay unbeaten. Serbia is winning this one,but with not more than 10 goals,i'm hoping..:hope

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb Good that yesterday was free day on the championship,i was too busy!not good that the day before yesterday only 2 of mine 5 selections were correct!It was day of upsets,some weird results_Brazil defeated Serbia,Sweden won over Spain what was big dissapointment to me,Slovakia managed a draw with Hungary after 6 goals down at the start of the second half,i'm especialy proud with one result :drums Macedonia won against vice-champions of the last WC Poland:clap!! Today there are some really intresting matches,i'll post my picks as soon as i wake up(just came from work),some of u mates can post something too,it's free:tongue2!:ok

Hi RePunt, how can I get in contact with you?:) /MrPink
:welcome,check my contact info in a few days..:ok

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb I'll take something on the -25.5Roemenië against really poor Australi¨e they need to work on their goalaverage. The odd on Spain is really high.I'll put some units on them against organiser Croatia.

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb SWE - KUW, KUW +23,5 @ 1,85 Sweden have already played Kuwait two times this year and won big both times, the 4th of january in Sweden (39-18 (HT 14-10)) and in Norway on the 9th of january 44-14 (22-6). Tonight Sweden are going to rest some startup players, all focus is on the Croatia game tomorrow. Sweden have two tough games against South Corea and Spain and because of the lack of routine the youngsters are a little bit uneven.

Re: Men's world handball championship-Croatia 2009 16Jan-01Feb :clapBossie,i agree with you on Croatia v. Spain match_pick Spain win @ 2.8 Croatia is overrated here,only advantage them is the home field,i think. Iker Romero best Spanish player says "Audience is not plying.Match is played on the field and we can win there.We got to come back after that Sweden loss,cause if we loose today,chances for the semis are gone."(these Spanish players are used to play with big pressure on them). I don't think that Spain could loose two times in a row with that kind of quality and experience in the team.Croatian players are not in great form,they will surely don't have easy task today. Valuable price,i'm taking it..:hope p.s.Sweden goalkeeper has 40% saves in the match with Spain:@ France v. Slovakia_pick France handicap(-7.5)win @ 1.85 Probably Slovakians knows that their 'mundial match' is tommorow vs. Romania.Thay need to focus on that game and try to stay fresh for tommorow.For France the biggest problem now is motivation,but this is what French chief Klod Onesta state "We got to take this duel with Slovakia very seriously,still nothing is resolved for the second round".France should easy cover that handicap..:hope :welcomev7hansson,i'm with you on that bet!:hope No bet for me on Macedonia v. Germany match,i would like to advice u_don't touch that game!! I'll be back..:D

No bet for me on Macedonia v. Germany match,i would like to advice u_don't touch that game!!
It looks like it was easy win for Germany,but it wasn't..i'm not saying that they didn't deserve to won!Macedonia was 'killed' in 45min. by the referees_red card for the top scorer atm on the championship Kire Lazarov.Before that 45min. Macedonia was controling the tempo and has positive result. Sorry,if some of you mates was intented to go for Germany win,but that advice from above changed your mind.:ok