Depressing news about Membership for Newbury

Just had some depressing news from Newbury Racecourse. Had not heard how much my Granstand (Tattersalls) membership is going to be this year. Was £160 last year working out at about £5 a race day. Especially good value for me as I am only interested in the racing. Prefer to stand a fair way back from the winning post anyway, where the race takes shape. However, I phoned them friday (2nd), only one person there who took my phone number for someone to phone me back on monday. No call came. So phoned them today and was told they are not doing it again, no demand for it. Few racegoers I have spoken to never realised it was even an option, without much publicity. You would have thought they'd let me know. They are going to send me information on other offers and memberships. Flat, Jumps, Annual, Weekender etc. But at the moment I feel like telling them where to go. Does any other racecourse have a Tattersalls membership? Ginge

Re: Depressing news about Membership for Newbury Thats a pity that is Ginge. Real shame. I have always found Newbury racecourse to be really obliging, is there nothing they are able to offer you at all??? You could always try and claim you are 25 or under and get a junior membership!!!!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.