multi tableing

two4ron

Hi is anyone familier with an application called direct x?It controls in some way the ability to play a number of tables, on Betfair for example up to 15.For some reason it refused to install on my old pc and now despite having bought a new, totally different pc the same problem is still with me. The only connection I can make with the two is that they both have vista, everything else including anti virus is different. Any suggestions would be appreciated cheers

Re: multi tableing

Hi is anyone familier with an application called direct x?It controls in some way the ability to play a number of tables, on Betfair for example up to 15.For some reason it refused to install on my old pc and now despite having bought a new, totally different pc the same problem is still with me. The only connection I can make with the two is that they both have vista, everything else including anti virus is different. Any suggestions would be appreciated cheers
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en Hope this helps :D

Re: multi tableing If my understand is right, DirectX is for Full Screen Gaming (PC gaming like shooters, racing games etc, not poker) - with the emphasis on full screen - I'd be surprised if Betfair were using it (but honestly dont know) :unsure I havent been onto Betfair for a while, but when you log on, there were 2 options - one for resource hungary machines and one for older machines - have you tried the second one? Are you trying to play on full screen? (and if so, can you switch to windows?) Only other thought - does "Run as Administrator" (which is a Vista specific issue) help at all?

Re: multi tableing Borrowed the following from Wikipedia? Promise i will put it back later :spank Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, on Microsoft platforms. Originally, the names of these APIs all began with Direct, such as Direct3D, DirectDraw, DirectMusic, DirectPlay, DirectSound, and so forth. DirectX, then, was the generic term for all of these APIs and became the name of the collection. After the introduction of the Xbox, Microsoft has also released multiplatform game development APIs such as XInput, which are designed to supplement or replace individual DirectX components. Direct3D (the 3D graphics API within DirectX) is widely used in the development of computer games for Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Xbox, and Microsoft Xbox 360. Direct3D is also used by other software applications for visualization and graphics tasks. In CAD/CAM engineering, for instance, it rivals the OpenGL by its ability to quickly render 3D graphics on DirectX-compatible graphics hardware. As Direct3D is the most widely publicized component of DirectX, it is common to see the names "DirectX" and "Direct3D" used interchangeably. The DirectX software development kit (SDK) consists of runtime libraries in redistributable binary form, along with accompanying documentation and headers for use in coding. Originally, the runtimes were only installed by games or explicitly by the user. Windows 95 did not launch with DirectX, but DirectX was included with Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2.[1]Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0 both shipped with DirectX, as has every version of Windows released since. The SDK is available as a free download. While the runtimes are proprietary, closed-source software, source code is provided for most of the SDK samples. The latest versions of Direct3D, namely, Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 9Ex, are only officially available for Windows Vista, because each of these new versions were built to depend upon the new Windows Display Driver Model that was introduced for Windows Vista. The new Vista/WDDM graphics architecture includes a new video memory manager that supports virtualizing graphics hardware to multiple applications and services such as the Desktop Window Manager