Best Value odds systems

Guest SecondSight

Guest SecondSight

I have read some detailed statistical analysis in this area of the board (with hard work behind it - well done those involved) that shows that all things being equal the bookie is taking at least 11% of our money if we bet blind over a range of bets over a season. There can be pockets where the % is of losses are lower and can be in profit over a season, although my instinct suggests that bookies will soon remedy profit areas for punters that are systematic losses to them. As anyone looked at betting at best prices only per bookmaker? By staying loyal to one from week to week I have always believed some value is lost (we've got a real einstein here I hear you say). What about trying a system that only makes selections where one particular bookie offers better odds on a home or away than the rest? Obviously you need to decide if you are going home or away on a match and what range of bookies to be covered. I personally would use oddschecker list plus Stan James and Super Soccer or Racing Post (Sat) plus PremierBet, UKBetting. Equal odds don't count it must be better, so quite a number of games will be missed. I know there are more extensive lists linked to this site, but I don't want to open accounts with Bookies in Norway, Outer Mongolia etc. You would be betting one bookie's judgement against the rest plus a bit of your own judgement (home/away choice). Maybe the home away choice could be made by looking at BetFair prices and choosing odds that match or closest match to their current best. This system must surely reduce the bookies margins and possibly I say possibly, move in to profit, admittly by a small margin. Apologies if this has been covered in the past, but I have only been a member of this community since December.

Re: Best Value odds systems It is rumoured that Ladbrokes over a decent odds yardstick, but I have not seen any evidence to support this. Certainly they take no more profit than other bookies with similar overrounds, although this alone does not falsify the original claim.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.