X-Factor 2008

Big shout here guys - they seem to have scrapped the judges' vote for this series. http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story-detail/item_100241.htm Instead of performing the same song again, the bottom 2 will perform a favourite track each, and the above article reads like there'll be another public vote. If that's the case, then the small amount available at 18 or so on Betfair for Rachel Hylton to go looks massive. She has a decent enough voice, but seriously abrasive personality and rubbish song tonight, which should see her in with a fair chance of being in the bottom 2. If it's a public vote and she ends up against Girlband she might get through - but against Daniel and Scott, 2 of the other favourites to be in the bottom 3, I think she'll get slaughtered as the young teen girls vote to save them in droves. Songs to follow in a few minutes.

Re: X-Factor 2008

Digital spy poll has Alex and Diane as near enough joint top pre-performances (91 and 93 votes respectively), Laura way behind on 58, and no one else above 35. Not likely to be hugely informative, but just FYI. Girlband are on 1 and Daniel Evans on 3!

Song Choices

Bad Lashes - It Must've Been Love - Good choice here, and I think they'll surprise a lot of people. Loved their Oasis song last week. Scott Bruton - Yeh Yeh - I don't like him, but I think it could work well. It's the kind of song which a lot of teens will know from Forbidden Planet (ridiculously popular these days as a choice for school musicals), and putting a decent spin on 60's stuff will play into the image change. Alexandra Burke - I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Huge minority here, but I'm completely underwhelmed by her. Big song, no chance she finishes in the bottom two, but wouldn't be surprised if the winner odds on her drift slightly. On the other hand, Whitney-type stuff always guarantees great comments from Simon. Austin Drage - Every Breath You Take - Still seems too desperate, but one of the best/best-known songs should see him okay. Daniel Evans - I Want To Know What Love Is - I seem to remember someone murdering this on XF a season or two ago and crashing out, although I may be getting it confused with something else. Can't see it doing too well, depends if people are bored by the sob story element or not. Girlband - Venus - Is Louis trying to get rid of these girls to concentrate on Bad Lashes? Awful, awful choice and they're deservedly favourites to go. 3.05 doesn't actually look too bad. Rachel Hylton - With Every Heart Beat - She's apparently upset by the choice, and who can blame her? Who knows this?! For details outlined in above post, best value to go. JLS - I'll Make Love To You - I'm starting to think Louis has got a tenner on BL to finish top group, looking at these choices. Seriously, Boys II Men? (And yeah, I had to look that up.) Possibly an outside chance of going at 21 or so on BF. Ruth Lorenzo - Take My Breath Away - Is she still doing Spanish verses and English choruses? Might get her through a few weeks before people get bored by it. Eoghan Quigg - Imagine - I like him, I like the song, but it's possibly too big for him. I think he may struggle here, but with the voting format changed, no way is he let down by legions of teen girls twice, so he'll be safe. Diana Vickers - With Or Without You - I hate the makeover, she looked far better when she was hippy-ish. I think she'll nail the song, though, and expect her to be a fair bit shorter than 8.6 by the end of the night. Laura White - Falling - I take it this is Alicia Keys, although I'm sure they're misspelling it here. It's terrible, but at least it's contemporary. Suggested Betfair bets: (WARNING: This is the X-Factor, you're crazy if you're playing anything other than v small stakes here!) 1st elimination: Rachel 18 (tiny amount available, if you can get it matched 17 or so looks okay) To win: Diana Vickers 8.6 Best group: Bad Lashes 3.8

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.