Nottingham 1st Oct

16:25 - Otaared Jarvis and Robinson again, 1 winner out of 2 yesterday together and with this being Jarvis's only horse of the meeting I think it has a great chance of winning. Only problem is, I don't think it will be a good price at all, 5/4 seems to be the early price kicking around. 2 pts @ SP

Re: Nottingham 1st Oct 1:50 I have to pop out, so I don't have long. I'm just going to say King Of Swords is overpriced at 20/1. Somebody clearly thought something of this horse before as he has raced in group 1 company once and group 3 company twice. Okay, so he was well out of his depth, but there were glimmers of a decent enough horse, certainly decent enough to win down in class 5 company. Unfortunately, he hasn't been doing that. Not up until recently anyway, when he scooped a 5f soft ground handicap at Musselbrough. He was penalised 6lb and struggled LTO in a similar handicap, same conditions at Beverley. But Frederik Tylicki wasn't riding him that day, so he was actually up 11lbs. Today though, he is back down 2lb in the handicap, plus a 7lb claim from the jockey puts him only 2lb higher than when winning that handicap at Musselbrough. Although an altogether different concern is the ground. He's struggled on all good ground, he seems very much a soft ground horse, but I'm willing to give him a chance on this one occasion, just because he is 20/1. If he doesn't place it might be fair to say I may never back him again. King Of Swords 20/1 Betfred

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.