Help with a greyhound system

xcode

Hi guys, I am really up and down with a system and I cannot make it win constantly. There is something I miss I don't know what. One day I am making up to 200 euro and the next loose 300. How it comes that my system works for a day or two and then looses for a day or two. It makes no sense. Here is the system: Rules: 1. Find a race with at least 3 joint favorites. Favorites are selected on betfair race card with prices below 5.0. There should be 3 priced under 5.0. 2. From the betfair greyhounds form guide select the dog which the last race was the slowest from the three. 3. All dogs in the selections must be in the same grade. 4. Lay the slowest dog. Please tell me what else should I include in my system to make it work constantly? Regards, xcode

Re: Help with a greyhound system Ok. It could be pure luck and everything. But how do you explain this: Two minutes before the race prices seems about equal on 3 or 4 dogs. Then in the last seconds the price of one dogs drops huge. I am talking a drop from 4.5 to 2.8. And the dog wins at the end. How do someone "make" that dog win? There are no jockeys or anything. By the way: I am not betting a single dime on dogs until I have cleared it out.

Re: Help with a greyhound system Most BAGS races have 4 dogs that can win, and 2 that can't. The trouble for the on-course punter is that he can't see a Betfair screen. Dogs that are 4/1 and 9/2 at the track, are generally a lot bigger on Betfair as the track bookies bet to 140%, while Betfair is about 102%. As with most dog races, once the 'clever' money is shovelled on, i.e. when the price has gone as far as they let it go, the rest of the public follow, and in a 6 dog race that has nowhere near the liquidity of a 6 horse race, the prices soon shrivel up when a dog is 'wanted'. If it's any help, 66% of dogs that lead at the first bend go on to win their race. But as you're no doubt aware, despite sectional timings, it's not that easy to get the leader of very race. If two or three 'trappers' are drawn beside one another it generally spells trouble at the first turn Good luck anyway :ok

Re: Help with a greyhound system Thank you mate for the explanation. But if you say everything is fair and square, and even though the price drops heavily, the chances stay the same, there should be a value in laying those public picks. Don't you think? Because if 4 dogs have equal chances to win and one is priced at 3.0, then the difference is value.

Re: Help with a greyhound system

Thank you mate for the explanation. But if you say everything is fair and square, and even though the price drops heavily, the chances stay the same, there should be a value in laying those public picks. Don't you think? Because if 4 dogs have equal chances to win and one is priced at 3.0, then the difference is value.
Dog racing is not necessarily fair and square but nobody knows their dogs more than trainers or kennel hands, and their mates, and other trainers. When the general public money goes on, it is not necessarily blind, it's following the professional money (trainers, hands and mates) and that seldom misses its target over a 12 race card where they have 1, 2 or maybe even 3, ready to win.