Being able to play your best poker

PGremlin

Some games are more important then other Let's be honest, some days you just aren't as concentrated and good as other days. For me it's mostly the weekends when I excel and weekdays after a mental exhousting day at work, when I play like #%# at poker later that day. Improving myself So knowing this I thought about it and figured out that I really should try and use this information in my advantage. Excel when it's important What do you do to prepare for those games where you really want to play your A game? I myself try to be well rested for as far as possible, and don't let other daily life troubles bother my mind when I'm playing, so I can be as concentrated as possible. Question

What is the best way for you guys to prepare yourself when you want to play your best game later on the day? And what's the worst thing you can do? :lol

Re: Being able to play your best poker

Question

What is the best way for you guys to prepare yourself when you want to play your best game later on the day? And what's the worst thing you can do? :lol

My poker is like my golf, for instance if I,m playing in a important competition I use to go up the driving range the night before hit a 100 balls, have a early night get up the course early to warm up and hit a few balls, mentally prepare for the round ahead. And then play like a complete Muppet! Nowadays its a skinful of beer the night before, rush up the club and just tee off and its either good or bad. My poker is exactly the same! Cash games I find are totally different I will try not to play short handed cash tables if I,m not totally focused it can get quite expensive:$