DC's 08/09 Footy System (+£8.96)

DC

Normally at the start of the season I'll get excited and try and come up with a system which usually goes wrong by the end of September. I've tried draw accas, +2.5 accas and this season I'm going for a much simpler idea.... I used to like the idea of doing home favourites to win 1-0 2-0 and 3-0 in 9 doubles and saver singles but this time round I'm going to be braver and stick to 2-0 3-0 and ANYUNQUOTED in doubles on Betfair. Using Betfair mulitples is no value as the prices are much shorter and you still have to pay commission so the only way around this is to pick two games over a weekend that kick off at different times. Split the stake 30% on 2-0, 30% on 3-0, 40% on AUQ across game 1 and take the stake and potential profit in a simliar fashion across to game 2. Last weekend I may have opted for Arsenal v West Brom (finished 1-0) and had I been successful rolled it across to the Chelsea game or the Man Utd game. Starting bank 200 units Expected bank come xmas 0 units!! :lol

Re: DC's 08/09 Footy System Forgot to mention, I'm sticking purely to English/Scottish football and mainly teams I know about. Not many shorties at home this weekend and hardly anything about for Sunday - I'm already starting to think Wigan v Chelsea may be the way forwards for leg 2 (breaking the rules already and going with an away side but judging by the way they outclassed Pompey I can be confident with them) Not happy to back against my own team (Liverpool v Boro) - I actually think we can make this a tight game. I'm thinking Celtic v Falkirk is the way to go for leg 1.... 2-0 £3.14 @ 6.6 3-0 £2.53 @ 8.2 AUQ £4.32 @ 4.8 Returns £20.76 before commission...NOT YET FINALISED. Will sleep on it. The beauty of AUQ is that if the away side score an early goal you can still get out of jail...

Re: DC's 08/09 Footy System Nice to be "in the zone" at HT (2-0). However a careless mistake at the back and a Falkirk goal will cost me. If that happens I'll need Celtic to grab another two...

Re: DC's 08/09 Footy System Celtic won 3-0 and the bet returned £20 exactly after commission so this will most likely get punted on the Chelsea match tomorrow... Debated doing Arsenal but think 1-0 may be a more likely score than any-unquoted...

Re: DC's 08/09 Footy System Very few options today as already mentioned. So glad I didn't get involved with Arsenal yesterday (lost 1-0 at Fulham). The dangers of doing an away team favourite are that they may not score vast amounts of goals and are always prone to conceeding a goal. Still, I'm going ahead with this game today as I liked what I saw last week when Chelsea took on Portsmouth. Also sneaking in a cover bet on 0-1 ;) Wigan v Chelsea 0-1 £3.01 @ 6.6 returns £19.87 for a profit of £9.87 0-2 £6.82 @ 6.6 returns £45.01 for a profit of £35.01 0-3 £3.09 @ 11.0 returns £44.99 for a profit of £34.99 AUQ £6.08 @ 7.4 returns £44.99 for a profit of £34.99 any other outcome = -£20.00 for a profit of -£10.00

Re: DC's 08/09 Footy System Well, a good job I covered the 0-1. In hindsight I should've covered on the AUQ score. Still can't moan - a small profit of £8.96 after commission :ok Starting Bank £200.00 Current Bank £208.96