Newbury 22/08

Re: Newbury 22/08

SportHorse Racing
EventNewbury 15:25
SelectionWing Collar (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date22/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 34.00 (Back)
ReasoningGoing to go for a big outsider in this race, Wing Collar has shown in the past that he has some ability to take a race like this and ran a good race last time out. Ground shouldn't be to much of a problem, Looking at previous runs he seems to act on most grounds. Culhane on board for the first time. Easterby in a bit of form, 9 out of hes last 20 runners have either won or placed. Small e/w bet.

Re: Newbury 22/08

SportHorse Racing
Event3.25 Newbury
SelectionYoung Mick (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date22/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 8.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe old warrior seems on his way back this season after a string of good efforts in handicaps and he was desperately unlucky last time when being denied a clear run at a crucial stage. Still, he flew home to be beaten just 1L by Pippa Greene. He meets that rival on better terms today and conditions will favour him much better anyway. He was 2nd in The Ebor two years ago and when he hits form, he seems to run up a sequence of consistent efforts. Everything looks perfect for him here and he should go very close.

Re: Newbury 22/08 1.45 Marine Boy 2/1 20 pts Big market move here, has overcome Art Connoisseur to become fav. and I echo that. The Bell horse is a horse I like and was very impressive two starts back in the coventry. However I dont think that was a very strong race this year, the channon horse who underperformed on the day excepted. Since then he was a bit disappointing in ire. another o'brien wonder horse winning in style but he trailed off by some way. Marine Boy in contrast is a complete unknown at this level but on impressions created he could be special, bolted up in real style in a maiden lto, second won since and whilst that still has it to find with the group performer, I believe he can do so with the trainer clearly boasting such a strong two year hand this year. 3.25 Bauer 7/1 10 pts e.w Very difficult with lots to consider, Yellowstone was probably the closest pick of the rest for me but in the end ive gone for cumanis in this race which isnt a great surprise. This one seems another typical cumani horse in this race. It progressed a couple of years ago sharply and undoubtedly has lots of ability, won listed race last year at chester in style and whilst not always being that consistent, on his day he is good and when really fancied lto (halved in price) finsihed just second at good which was perfect as it avoided the penalty, also possibly significant that this is the trainers only one in the race now.

Re: Newbury 22/08 1.45 Newbury Art Connoisseur @ 9/4 SportingBet This looks a poor renewal of the Gimcrack, and Art Connoisseur looks the class act. On bare form, this horse outclasses them all, and although the favourite could improve, I feel experience may be crucial for Art Connoisseur. His win in the Coventry at Royal Ascot was mighty impressive and nothing else in the field has won at Group level. Michael Bell’s horse then couldn’t perform in Ireland but he was not disgraced beaten by Aiden o Brien’s Mastercraftsman. That form is a long way above what anything else has done, and I would rather side with class rather than potential.

Re: Newbury 22/08 1.45 I agree with Stewart that Art Connoisseur Looks the classiest horse in the race but I can't justify backing it with Spencer on board. I have no faith in Spencer whatsoever, but think Spin Cycle looks massive at 20/1. Ran well at Ascot in Grp 2 when only just failed to beat South Central and finished 5th in a Grp 3 at Goodwood LTO. Fair play if Spencer pulls his finger out and wins but I'd rather back Spin Cycle each way.

Re: Newmarket 22/08 3.05 Newbury - The Newburgh Minkowski @ 20/1 Bet 365 Out of 3 selections in the Ebor substitute, I think this looks like the best bet. He is very unexposed, but he finished an excellent 4th in last years Ebor. He hasnt managed to reproduce that, but he was really well backe dover 1m 4f last tim on his 1st run for Jeremy Noseda. He couldnt deliver that day, but I expect it was a warm up race for the Ebor and he looks capable of giving a good acount of himself today. jeremy Noseda knows the time of day, and Hayley Turner riding isnt a negative. looking at all this, the 20/1 on offer looks very generous. Ajaan @ 14/1 William Hill Henry cecil's runner in the Ebor substitute also looks as if he could have strong claims at atking the prize. I was impressed with him when he travelled up really strongly in the Queen Alexandra but didnt get home. Last time out he was dissapointing, but I think he relishes racing in big fields. The conditions are in his favour today, and he is weighted to give him a chance. At the price, he looks a decent EW bet. Yellowstone @ 22/1 Blue Square This ex Aiden O Brien horse carries top weight in this competitive handicap, but I am not put off by that as he looks classy. Now trained by Jane Chapple Hyamm, he struggled to find his form until last time out on bad ground, when he took the Listed Silver Cup. That was over this distance and it showed he was in form. When with Aiden O Brien he was a group race winner and if he can shoulder top weight today, he could be difficult to beat. :hope:ok Will also play forecasts and tricasts with All The Good for fun. Tiny stakes.

Re: Newmarket 22/08

3.05 Newbury - The Newburgh Yellowstone @ 22/1 Blue Square This ex Aiden O Brien horse carries top weight in this competitive handicap, but I am not put off by that as he looks classy. Now trained by Jane Chapple Hyamm, he struggled to find his form until last time out on bad ground, when he took the Listed Silver Cup. That was over this distance and it showed he was in form. When with Aiden O Brien he was a group race winner and if he can shoulder top weight today, he could be difficult to beat. 3rd :clap:clap Will also play forecasts and tricasts with All The Good :clap:clap for fun. Tiny stakes.
Found the winner, but not with a single. Yellowstone was 3rd. Brilliant day though, cant complain. :ok

Re: Newbury 22/08 4.55 Newbury Ashwell Rose @ 12.0 Betfair If he can reproduce the form he was showing at this trip before stepped up in distance, he is entitled to go very close. This race doesnt look that hot, and this one looks worth a shot at the price. Adorabella @ 4.3 Betfair As I say, the race doesnt look that hot, and Alan King has done well with his flat recruits. This one looks as if he will appreciate the step up in trip, and he has the class to take a race like this. :hope