Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series With the lay of the draw at 2.0 at the start Day 1 (now 4.9) making sense, the best exchange bet prior Day 2 is probably lay England at 1.62. With a view to trading, obviously. Not suggesting match outcome, just market moves in favour of position held. 65 mins to start.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series pie-chucker, the only thing that could stop the draw is at least 2 crap days of rain, Saturday's forecast is filthy, so might not get much play, but it looks good, still think SA can post a decent total for England to chase, providing they show any application, which they showed known of in the 1st innings. On another point, was at Cheltenham today, to see Gloucestershire finally put themselves in with a chance of winning a CC game.:lol Hamish Marshall played some class shots today, Marcus North's still there on 50, class player and guy.:ok What teams do others PL members support/follow in terms of county cricket?

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series Was at Worcester Royal Grammar School, Rat. Played at New Road and caught Don Kenyon (he was old; I was young) as a sub in a charity match. Sir, not worried about the draw! No chance. Could be fairly bright this morning at least. But don't think the Saffers have the appetite for the fight. Fixed odds is 337.5 runs. Surely under. But I have this thought that Kallis might double his series score here and Boucher get 50. If so, England might have a problem chasing down 220 second dig. Amla -- playing like a millionaire -- is on strike first over. The 10th of the innings. 16pts over 2.5 runs first over Bet365 :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series

Amla -- playing like a millionaire -- is on strike first over. The 10th of the innings. 16pts over 2.5 runs first over Bet365
Rubbish. Amla took a miserly single off the first ball and it was then the 'no need to play it' dross from England that typified the morning. Big test of KP captaincy today on a sunny day and good wicket. Probably Harmison and Freddie to open. FF to renew contest with Kallis. 18 pts Kallis runs over 37.5 @ 5/6 SA all out today with 274 run lead, England 38-2 by extended close. :unsure

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series spin have a spread bet up of runs after 40 overs - 152-156. 26 overs bowled. 110/2. So far going along at 4.3 an over. To go over need 47 off 14 overs. 3.3 an over. Outfield will be Bolt fast. Anything hit square is a marble on glass. 4 pts BUY runs after 40 overs @ 156 But need Amla to stay there. He looks like a bearded millionaire.

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series I've just backed Monty for top series england bowler at 5.00 Betfair. On the face of it not a very good bet as he's currently 3 behind Anderson but after seeing Harris turn a few rather sharply out of the rough the other day I wonder if perhaps Monty might cause a bit of Havoc later on with the lower order and rabbity tail enders. We've seen it before at the Oval. Bad luck Pie Chucker on your runs from 40 overs bet. Amla let you down rather there.

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series

SportCricket
EventEngland v South Africa (4th Test, Day 5, Start Time: 11:00am)
SelectionSouth Africa
Strength5/10
Date11/08/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 5.00 (Back)
ReasoningEngland require 197 to win the final Test at The Oval and it will not be easy for them. This is England were talking about, If anyone can throw it away we can. A couple of early wickets this morning and the game will change on its head, I honestly think South Africa are well worth a little punt at the prices.

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series Yeah i guess its worth a shot. Odds too high. But i think two boundries or 10/0 and eng will go down to 1.22 and zaf to 6 - 6.5 Think if that happens will take a small bet on them. Coz more than once we have seen in the series that not much happen with the new ball. once the ball is a few overs old, it does things. And especially this pitch wont disappoint neone who bends his back. Am sure the likes of morkel and ntini will do just that. And if draw stays out, i'll still make money either way :nana

Re: Cricket: England vs South Africa Test Series Nothing doing for me in that last test match. -24pts there and nothing doing in the end in any of the outrights despite Graeme Smith having a big lead going into that final innings. Even 20 would've brought that in but he made a duck. Amla went ahead only for Cook to come back and win and KP's ton put Ian Bell out of reach. -19 for the outrights which means I've ended the series with a disappointing -11.86pts.