Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise

GaF

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise

The Hills game is in the lobby. Must have restarted registering as there were 20 in this afternoon when I registered...but only 13 in now and I had to register again. So if you registered early...check to make sure you are still in.
Cheers for the PM dodger - am in now (again!!) :ok

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Ready to give it a go...been looking at passport site and currently you can get your first passport in a week, this was my only worry...but now I know this isn't a problem I can have a proper go. {cue me going out in first half hour then! :eyes}

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Don't think I've disliked a game so much for ages. The first hour they spent moaning that there was no added prize money. Then the blinds were rising at a far too high rate. By the time it gets down to the final table it'll just be everybody pushing with little room for any poker. Out 29th...hope one of our lads gets it. :hope

8 left' date=' GAF 4th at mo:hope[/quote'] There's a BIG chip leader though - feel like I blew it though just before the final table.....just gone out with KK :sad - Will put my "Jey hands for review" up in a thread - please lay into me :ok

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise _zappa_ now level with chip leader in the last 3 - knows who I am and used my name - but I havent a clue who he is, but think it's a PL'r - he's been playing games with me over his identity for some weeks though - anyone know who he is (and if we still have a chance to celebrate a PL win)?

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise so did a Pl`er win it at all? i am emailing IP with regards to last nights final as i wasnt even listed in the final,i had spoken to Will Hill on the phone last night before the game and was told it was too late to do anything and it was IP`s fault all the fiasco... i cant beleive that they would do the Final 2 days after the last game with no notification,bad show IMO. we will see what reply i get from Alun but i expect it will be the usual crap

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Hello All Sorry I haven't been as active as usual on these threads, but I have been busy with a lot of other work stuff and someone else in the office has been dealing with this PokerGod series. Alan. I've sent you an email, but the short answer is there was indeed a cock-up. Unfortunately when they tried to add you they couldn't, and this wasn't queried with us to double check. I can only apologise for this and, although it's not the same, I will send you out a chip set and some other goodies from the office as a gesture on our part. As regards the dates. The PokerGod 2 series had an online final held two days following the final freeroll so this was just following a similar format. AFAIK all players were notified via email and the date was posted in our forum. But I admit we should have put the final dates in the mag. Sorry about that. I'd like to think I've always been stand-up and honest with you guys on here, but let me know if you think this is just more of the 'usual crap' Cheers Alun p.s. Just had a look back through the thread and I can see some people were talking about emailing me. I did indeed get these emails and sent them on to the guy who was dealing with this series who was always quick at getting things sorted out such as the prize package in the grand final. But apologies if anyone felt ignored.

Hello All Sorry I haven't been as active as usual on these threads, but I have been busy with a lot of other work stuff and someone else in the office has been dealing with this PokerGod series. Alan. I've sent you an email, but the short answer is there was indeed a cock-up. Unfortunately when they tried to add you they couldn't, and this wasn't queried with us to double check. I can only apologise for this and, although it's not the same, I will send you out a chip set and some other goodies from the office as a gesture on our part. As regards the dates. The PokerGod 2 series had an online final held two days following the final freeroll so this was just following a similar format. AFAIK all players were notified via email and the date was posted in our forum. But I admit we should have put the final dates in the mag. Sorry about that. I'd like to think I've always been stand-up and honest with you guys on here, but let me know if you think this is just more of the 'usual crap' Cheers Alun p.s. Just had a look back through the thread and I can see some people were talking about emailing me. I did indeed get these emails and sent them on to the guy who was dealing with this series who was always quick at getting things sorted out such as the prize package in the grand final. But apologies if anyone felt ignored.
Thanks for the reply Alun:ok

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Thanks Alun I finished 26th (think I may have finished about that place in the first Poker God) lol Blinds rose way too fast imo, considering that it was a $10k package up for grabs. How exactly does a split work??? Did someone pay the other $5k??? all in all didnt think it was a great series but could have been a lot worse, in the end it was free (mainly) GG guys

Blinds rose way too fast imo, considering that it was a $10k package up for grabs. How exactly does a split work??? Did someone pay the other $5k???
Agree - the structure was very poor given the massive prize on offer (for free). For the split - the players didn't agree a specific format - it was difficult for them to talk properly, the game was running and the blinds weren't small - they said they'd work out the detail later but agreed the principal that it was a full 50/50 split of the entire $10k prize. They both appeared decent enough and I dont expect them to have any issues working out how to split it.

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Have enjoyed the series, but would agree that a better format is required for the final. It just turned into a bit of a push/fold fest after a couple of levels. Thanks Alun (or whoever you forwarded my email to ;)) for sorting out the final for me:clap. Sorry to hear about Teaulc......sure he was suposed to be drunk in corfu anyway :tongue2

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise 1st off an apology to you Alun with regards to the crap comment,that was out of context and not what i was trying to get across,it wasnt a go at you as you do great work for us but more a poker site generalisation. thanks for your email,i have replied,hopefully we can all learn lessons for PokerGod4 which i am sure will be perfect

Re: Inside Poker Mag - Poker God 3 - $10,000 Caribbean Cruise Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicMan viewpost.gif How exactly does a split work??? Did someone pay the other $5k???
For the split - the players didn't agree a specific format - it was difficult for them to talk properly, the game was running and the blinds weren't small - they said they'd work out the detail later but agreed the principal that it was a full 50/50 split of the entire $10k prize. They both appeared decent enough and I dont expect them to have any issues working out how to split it.
Just to add to that - the intention was that they would both be going on the cruise :ok The $10k prize is in 3 parts. First part is a $3k cruise for two (so easy enough to share), second part is $2000 cash (again easy enough to share) and the final part is $5000 onboard tournament vouchers - dont know how easy this will be to share - maybe it's easy and they take $2500 each, but if not, I'm sure they can work some solution out :ok