The 8 Stages of Madness (JB's Thread)

Junior Bettor

Thanks to MADNESSTIGER for the opening post. There were 3 main reasons for this... (a)the most you could possibly lose was your initial stake, (b)with only a small amount of luck, it seemed quite straight forward to make a profit of some sort, with the potential of some seriously big wins, and ©with any luck, it would last longer than a week! The System: If you haven't read the threads mentioned above, here's how it works in principle:

• Starting bank of £20 is split into 50 sub-banks each containing £0.40
  • Place (50) 100% bets with each sub-bank at a selection with odds of (roughly) 2.00

• Returns from winning bets are then split into 'x' sub-banks of £0.80, which are then again wagered on selections at 2.00.
  • This is continued until there is only 1 or 2 sub-banks remaining, at which point I either bank the profit and start a new 'run' or I continue until I'm in profit (or go bust!)

Here's how the staking works:

• Stage 1 - Bets of £0.40 to win £0.80
  • Stage 2 - Bets of £0.80 to win £1.60
  • Stage 3 - Bets of £1.60 to win £3.20
  • Stage 4 - Bets of £3.20 to win £6.40
  • Stage 5 - Bets of £6.40 to win £12.80
  • Stage 6 - Bets of £12.80 to win £25.60
  • Stage 7 - Bets of £25.60 to win £51.20
  • Stage 8 - Bets of £51.20 to win £102.40

I realise it may seem silly for me to do it with £20 start bank, but I find it much easier to keep track of challenges off of £20 bets (See my Over 1.5 Goals thread) Thanks to Madnesstiger for the spreadsheet. Attempt 1 (31.3.08) Starting Bank - £20 Stage 1 - 50 Bets at £0.40 per bet. Bet 1: Seattle (+5.5) v Sacramento @ 2.06 :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.