Betting for living and having a bank?

2good4u

Some people posted in other threads that anyone living from betting is placing only value bets (which in theory should bring profit in the long run) and has a good staking plan. I posted the following two questions in one such thread but did not receive any answer to them. Hope to get some opinions/answers this time: 1. How anyone who lives from betting can have a bank at all? My definition of living from betting is that betting is the only source of income for that person. Therefore, from what money that person will be paying his rent, food, clothes, and daily expenses, not to mention some emergency situations? I do not see how anyone can define a "bank" since its amount is changed every time you buy a pack of cigarettes or a beer?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2. What is considered a long run (again for persons who live from betting) that should bring a profit? What happens if in one month you had a bad run? Do you stop paying your expenses, buying food, etc... Or if you made let's say 20% increase in your so-called "bank" but expenses in that month were 30% of your "bank"?

Regards,

Re: Betting for living and having a bank? As for question 1: I think you have misunderstood the expression "bank" that is used in nearly all threds on this particular section of the Forum. It is not a literal "bank"..... it is a theoretical amount of money that is used as a starting point for any system or series of bets.... it is used as a basis for calculating a stake on a particular bet, depending on which of the various staking systems you are adopting. Having said it is "theoretical", it is still the amount of money that you could lose should you have a prolonged "bad run", and so it should be money that is surplus to basic living requirements e.g. food, drink, rent, mortgage, bills etc. As for question 2: I havn't got a clue what you're talking about ! :D

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.