Poker Million

BAM

Re: Poker Million

Loved the play of Liam Flood :ok No fear, and I'm surprised how much fear there seemed to be from the other 5 - when we read all the time in basic strategy about how you need play for the win, and not to limp up another spot in the pay spine, it was surprising how weak 5 of them seemed to be... Joe Beevers sure had his fair share of luck, but thought he went through the gears best on the table (though was probably a little too "weak" at times) Smyth seemed the best at reading the situations/strength of his opponents.....
With the collective experience sat around that table lastnight, I wouldn't have said anyone was weak. You have to remember Flood had a rush of cards early on that helped and he just kept the momentum up. Flood's aggression didn't seem to worry anyone as they knew the game would start in earnest when the levels got higher. Players like Beevers and Gardiner must have played with and watched Flood hundreds of time and they knew exactly how they stood with him. There was a lack of big hands lastnight and there were not a lot of flops seen, so there was a lack of poker being played. Six handed is a totally different game and aggression usually wins but sometimes you have to take your foot off the pedal. Flood eventually got unlucky with Beevers (though it was a very quick call) he may have gone on and won it. One thing I would like to see improved is the table banter made more audible. I think Flood and Beevers bating of Lederer lastnight may have contributed to his downfall but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Also Gardiner uses his chat a lot when playing but none of it was audible because you have that stupid American prat wittering on about nothing over the top of them.

One thing I would like to see improved is the table banter made more audible. I think Flood and Beevers bating of Lederer lastnight may have contributed to his downfall but I couldn't hear what they were saying. Also Gardiner uses his chat a lot when playing but none of it was audible because you have that stupid American prat wittering on about nothing over the top of them.
Totally agree Brian, I would like to hear the table banter. If they'd just shoot Jessie May and keep Roy Brindley to make the occasional intelligent comment (I find most of his comments are) but leave most of the talking to the players then it would be a far better show.

Totally agree Brian' date=' I would like to hear the table banter. If they'd just shoot Jessie May and keep Roy Brindley to make the occasional intelligent comment (I find most of his comments are) but leave most of the talking to the players then it would be a far better show.[/quote'] Dave, do you now know that you have to go and stand on the naughty step for agreeing with me on this forum :ok