Poker Million

BAM

I'm really looking forward to this tonight. I wasn't happy with last years comp as Modah seemed to fluke his way through his heat and semi and then played ridiculous in the final to win it. There is some talent in tonights final - Beevers played awesome in the semi's and my hero Howard Lederer will be big favourite but I will be routing for my homey Julian Gardener to take it down, this guy can play with the best of them and he seems more focused this year with good runs at the WSOP and GUKPT and @ 7/2 I'm having a nibble.

Re: Poker Million As I mentioned in another thread, the adverts and twiddly bits of music and visual filler of London buses do get on your nerves after a while, so I'll be Sky Plussing and starting to watch when I'm out of the 32 Red tourney - about 9:05 :loon

Re: Poker Million OHHH!! Liam Flood close to elimination as he calls Joe Beevers' all-in with pocket sixes. Joe's holding pocket twos...the flop has a deuce, and the turn and the river doesn't help Liam. Liam Flood is crippled and Joe Beevers closes in on Marty Smyth's chip-lead. Liam's automatically all-in next hand against Marty Smyth, and is the third man eliminated. Probably the craziest player on the night and the one with the most guts, Liam didn't deserve that.

Re: Poker Million Julian Gardner close to being the fourth man eliminated. The blinds are at 20,000/40,000 and they're bloomin' lethal. After losing a fair chunk of chips to Marty there was seemingly little way back as Julian wasn't getting the cards but he's back in it as he won an all-in race against Marty Smyth as Julian turned a hearts flush. Current outright odds at Stan James: Beevers 6/5, Smyth 7/4 and Gardner 5/2

Re: Poker Million Marty Smyth close to being the fourth man eliminated after going all-in with Qs3d only to find Joe with TcTs. The flop brings a queen, the turn and rive don't help Joe and Marty survives! :loon It's a classy field that none of the competitors have shown absolutely no emotion when winning or losing.

Re: Poker Million Joe Beevers back in it going all-in with QhQc. Julian calls with TcTs with Marty folding a ten. Julian's got only one card to knock out Joe with but nothing helps Julian, and Joe's got back the chip-lead at Julian's expense. Julian Gardner is the fourth man eliminated as he goes all-in with ATs only to find Marty with AJd. The jack kicker plays. We're now heads-up.

Re: Poker Million Great result for golden balls - never mind the luck factor he had a definite strategy and stuck with it. Lederer was a big disappointment and seemed a little moody when things didn't go his way. Gardiner off his rocks again but played a solid game and I'm full of admiration for Smyth he got booted in the nuts so many times and he never stopped smiling. :ok

Re: Poker Million Loved the play of Liam Flood :ok No fear, and I'm surprised how much fear there seemed to be from the other 5 - when we read all the time in basic strategy about how you need play for the win, and not to limp up another spot in the pay spine, it was surprising how weak 5 of them seemed to be... Joe Beevers sure had his fair share of luck, but thought he went through the gears best on the table (though was probably a little too "weak" at times) Smyth seemed the best at reading the situations/strength of his opponents.....

Re: Poker Million Highlights for me were; Liam Flood. Up to his elimination he played fantastically well and was only going to lose to an outdraw. Julian Gardner. Down to 3 and when he was short stacked he really showed his fearlessness. He said that Liam Flood on his right cramped his aggressive style but it probably helped him. Martyn Smyth. Apart from Liam Flood he played the best poker. Apart from the push at the end I'm struggling to think of a mistake he made. Roy Brindley (commentating). I saw him bully a 6 seat table (in the William Hill Grand Prix I think) mercilessly and was very impressed with his play at the time but his observations and appraisals were spot on last night.