Dusk Till Dawn

BAM

Re: Dusk Till Dawn Place is awesome, can't explain in a post, just breathtaking for poker enthusiasts. I would say I was biased, but i am just a dealer there, and known for slagging my place of work off, but just cant fault it :) Some comments on my forum

Absolutely fantastic place dik Where else could you play a £50 game with the likes of Tikay on your right and an EPT winner (Julian Thew) sitting on your left? Great game......great great venue....terrific staff (and dealers :wink: ) I'm spoilt now though, dont want to play anywhere else :? . Oh, and its nice to be DTD's first ever fully open to the public Tourney winner 8) 8) 8) Roll on lunchtime when I can go home for sleep :)
Just wanted to add to the Dusk Till Dawn reports we've had so far with my own personal experience of it last night. I headed down there with Jim Fryer and met up with Jonah, Carlos, Rob, Ky and Craig. You get a great feel for the place on entry, reception is friendly and efficient and as soon as you walk in you get mesmerised by the awesome layout of the playing area. Just as Kev B described it has the Roman Amphi-theatre look to it with around 5 rows of tables on gradulated levels across the room with Tourny Tables at the front and Cash/STT tables at the rear. We started off in the bar of course where Carlos had kindly provided us with a tab which I tried my best not to abuse but he convinced me otherwise :lol: The seating areas are great, nice bar area and I like the segregated Internet Poker Terminals, great for playing when waiting for a table to start. The staff are all very curteous and the ladies needless to say are quite stunning there, eye candy a-plenty, just ask BillyBoy who was propping up our cash table with his third leg most of the night :wink: So anyways, into the game. First you notice are obviously the quality of the chips/tables. Chips are simiular to ones you'll find in a lot of Vegas Card Rooms (tournament chips) very good quality and the tables are gorgeous. Only gripe were that the cards we're cheap but they did the job. It was amazingly quiet in the tournament for the 1st 2 levels considering there were 108+ packed in, everyone was obviously taking it very seriously. The tournament didn't work well for me despite getting an AA, and 10,10 twice in 2 levels and I was out before the break. Myself and Carlos went out at the same time and we jumped on a 0.50/£1 cash table. This was great fun, there was a good mix of Laggy Internet players and local donks and Carlos was ripping the game up at first and I was grinding out a small win playing pretty tight as the others supplied all the action. I ran my £100 buy-in up to £170 and then got massively over aggressive in a hand where I flopped top pair and donked it all off to an OP, nasty stuff. I rebought and Billyboy got the best of me with a turned gutshot with gave me an OESD and top pair but he took my monies :cry: Overall, the sheer number of hands dealt per level in the comps mean you get so much play for your 30min levels, my dealer was getting through 1 hand per minute which is just great and the same for the cash tables. DTD is brilliant, great tournament structure, nice playing enviroment and a good spread of side games, and best of all no-knobs! Can't wait to go back although now Bilylboy has all my Christmas Spending monies it is likely to be New year now! And Well done to Jonah for winning the first one, he loves them 2 outers 8)
DTD certainly lives up to it's expectations. Me and Joo visited last night for the £100 FO and were greeted with a champagne reception and a bit later on canapes. The place oozes class with no expense spared in the design and build of this awesome venue. Plush carpets, great tables and chips, large screens everywhere so no matter where you are sitting you can keep in touch with the stats. The technology even extends to the valets with electronic hand held touch screens for ordering drinks and food. The layout is a little like an ampitheatre with curved rows of tables stepping up at different levels. The tournament tables on the lower levels with cash tables and sit and gos on the upper levels. Games for all pockets starting with 50p/£1 NL games upwards. A £5/£5 Omaha game on the go for the more adventurous. Had a long conversation with Dik9 and it was a great pleasure to see him with a smile on his face doing what he does best - like a kid in a sweet shop :lol: :lol: The structure of the game we played was great with 75/150, 150/300 and 150/300 + 25 ante levels included. This allows plenty of play for the short stacks which suited me as I was card dead all night. Picking up blinds and small pots here and there to survive. Joos top chip stack was 11K. Eventually out 34th (108 runners), of course Joo lasted longer out 33rd :lol: Talking to Rob Yong he told me of his plans to up the staffing levels as soon as possible to maximise it's potential. We were invited to look around the VIP area with it's own lounge/bar area and private table. There are also rows of free to use laptops around the walls where you can play on line if you want. You can also get a laptop from behind the cash desk FREE to use if the others are full or if you are waiting for a cash game or sit and go. With the exception of teething problems with the valet service, the experience of DTD was exceptional. Everyone working towards making these opening days a great success with even the management helping out with all aspects of service to the customer. Simon Trumper was helping to clear glasses during the break and later dealing a cash table. I told him I was impressed with the lack of egos which clearly contributed to the smooth running of the place. We will be making regular trips to DTD and recommend it to all UKPL members. Road trip anyone? :lol: :lol:
Hope they convince you to come and visit soon!!

Re: Dusk Till Dawn

I'm going next Saturday' date=' looking forward to it alot![/quote'] Jeez Gaz I'm in Barcelona otherwise I may have been tempted. Make sure you give us the low down. I was chatting to the gestapo last night and I think we are planning a PL trip in February now :ok

Re: Dusk Till Dawn What a place! :loon The place looks fantastic! The staff are all friendly. The dealers are very good. Apart from the usual misdeals that you expect, I can't remember any mistakes. They are very quick too. My only complaint is the STT structure, although I understand why it's like that. My girlfriend came with me, and she was planning on playing these while I played in the main tournament. She played in one they ran before the tournament started. 1,500 chips with 7 minute levels. Level 4 was 200/400, so you can imagine what it was like. In the end, I decided I didn't like her playing bingo all night, so I put her in the main tournament. The tournament structure was good, and there was plenty of room to play. The standard is pretty good, and it sounded like plenty of pro's were playing. 75 runners, with top 9 getting paid. I came 11th, after I made a big mistake. I took a couple of big pots from 1 guy, and almost crippled him. He managed to get himself back up, and then seemed intent on picking on me every time I was in a hand (and most of the time he didn't have alot). I decided he was doing it again and stuck all my chips in with A9 suited, but the cnut called and turned over Aces and that was that. I shouldn't have done it, as I had plenty enough to just cruise onto the final table. :cry The good thing was my girlfriend was still in, and ended up finishing 8th for £225. Not bad considering she's only been playing a few months, and $1 STT's is about her limit! :lol I really enjoyed it, and hopefully I'll get there once a month.