Good system, need a staking plan!!!!

ghent_3rd

I am very analytical about my betting and thus do not bet every day. I like to be sure about what I am betting on and if it goes belly up I am still happy(ish) as I know why the bet made sense and that I should achieve results in the long run. I use a selection system to select football matches to bet on each week, in week's with a full acrd I usually turn out between 7 and 10 games a week. After 5 weeks I am showing a 75% S.R. Most of the matches tend to be homes although I have had some good results with the few aways the system throws out, I am 5 out of 6 on the aways so far. I have unfortunately not yet turned a profit, mainly because I am unsure of the best staking plan to use. Do I simply back them all as singles? Combine them in doubles, trebles????? I just don't know. I know tht anything above 1.4 ( Decimal odds ) is a value bet due to the 75% chance of a win but surely backing 8 singles is not the best way to go, or is it??!!!:$ HELP ME PLEASE!!! The Golden Egg is calling. HAHAHA

Re: Good system, need a staking plan!!!! I may be misunderstanding what you wrote, but just because your selection system has a 75% strike rate overall, it's not necessarily going to be the case that those selections where you can get odds above 1.40 will be value bets. Just about any selection system will have a lower strike rate among its higher odds selections. Also, if you've only tested this over the five weeks, I 'd be cautious. At 7-10 selections a week, that's a sample of around 40, and using that small a sample, your estimate of the strike rate could easily be wrong by 10% or more. But anyway, assuming these are value bets, then I'd advise sticking to singles. That gives a better balance between risk and reward than betting in doubles/trebles, etc.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.