Ulster v Gloucester Heineken Cup

Live friday night rugby so time for a bet i think ;) Got this from the BBC Paddy Wallace will start at fly-half with David Humphreys on the bench as Ulster make three changes for Friday's Heineken Cup tie against Gloucester. Stephen Ferris is definitely out, Roger Wilson and Matt McCullough are added to the back-row, while Carlos del Fava replaces Ryan Caldwell at lock. Gloucester are boosted by the return from injury of winger Lesley Vainikolo and centre Mike Tindall to the side. Olly Morgan drops to the bench, while the forward pack remains unchanged. Although Humphreys came through a fitness test on Friday morning on his injured ankle, he is only being giving an impact role. Ulster are bottom of the Magners League after picking up only six points from six games but under-pressure coach Mark McCall is certain that his team will rise to the occasion. Ulster: B Cunningham; T Bowe, A Trimble, R Dewey, M McCrea; P Wallace, I Boss; J Fitzpatrick, R Best (capt), B Young, J Harrison, C Del Fava, M McCullough, N Best, R Wilson. Replacements: N Brady, D Fitzpatrick, R Caldwell, K Dawson, K Campbell, D Humphreys, M Bartholomeusz Gloucester: Balshaw, Simpson-Daniel, Tindall, Allen, Vainikolo, Lamb, Lawson, Wood, Azam, Nieto, Buxton, Brown, Strokosch, Qera, Narraway Replacements: Titterrell, Califano, Bortolami, Delve, Prendergast, Paterson, Morgan Gloucester have a cracking squad this season, but have struggled a bit recently. Although they are top of the league they haven't won in the last 3 games, with loses to Irish and Wasps, and a draw at home to Newcastle. Don't really know much about Ulster but from what i read they ain't doing to good so far. As said above they are bottom of the league only winning one game and that was there first, a narrow win against the Ospreys. For me its gonna be a Gloucester win. If they can strike early and silence the home crowd they should win. IMO the return of Vainikolo and Tindall will be massive for them. For anyone that don't know, Lesley is a monster. Plays on the wing and has an ability to walk over players like Lomu use to. 17 and half stone that has done 100m in 10.8 :eek He had a fantastic start to his Union career scoring 4 tries in 20 minutes against leeds. Unfortunatly in the next game against Saracens he had serious damage to his neck while trapped at the bottom of a ruck. But this is his come back and i if given a chance i think he will take it. Im going for Gloucester -5 @ 1.9 Blue Sq with, as always, a little cover on the handicap draw. Also Lesley to score anytime @ 2.62 Bet 365

Re: Ulster v Gloucester Heineken Cup Don't think you will go far wrong with the handicap bet there mate, Ulster are having a very unimpressive start to the season whereas Gloucester are shaping up nicely. Tough group though this one with the Ospreys also battling for top spot. Haven't had time to size up the HC outrights but still plenty of time to go in this tournament I suppose. One bet for me on tonight's games, that is 5pts Perpignan (-16) to beat Dragons @ 10/11 (Paddy Power). Perpignan have been handed one of the most one-sided groups in HC history and the Dragons will not be able to cope with the ferocity of the home side at the legendary Stade Aime Giral. No Welsh team has ever won there, and the Dragons are pretty poor in a European context. Can't see them living with Perpignan's power tonight, and I expect them to be on the receiving end of a bonus point victory.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.