FA Cup Outright

MHW

I am thinking of backing a relative outsider to win the FA Cup outright and then opposing the selection in each round to protect the bet. Say, Manchester City @ 50/1 (Corals). £10 to win £500. This should give sufficient potential winnings to protect the stake throughout all six rounds, if necessary. Has anyone tried this stategy? With any success? Comments or suggestions for improvements gratefully received. Thanks

Re: FA Cup Outright Thanks, Aliando. I'll get this underway just before the 3rd round in early January. Needs a bit more thought yet. In particular, setting the rules for covering all of the angles. Like not forgetting to cover the draw in the event of a replay! Also, it could get quite expensive in the later rounds. For example, if Man City were drawn against a stong favourite in the sixth round I would need to spend quite a bit to recover the initial £10 and the lost covering bets in rounds 3 to 5. More later.