The Bapo System

Bapo System Rules: As at 10 am every day concentrate only on each UK 8-runner race due to be run that day. Back a horse only if it is clear 2nd in terms of the no. of tips to be the winner it has received on the RP website(next to each racecard). Place bets only.<8 go to post,no bet! But if it is clear 2nd in terms of as above with just 1 tipster tipping it to be the winner,discount it as a qualifying selection and ignore its race. Bapo stands for "bets advised place only".
Today,just one advice,the first one,for this new system: 4.20 Bev,RED RIVER REBEL,1 pt to be placed only if 8 run;otherwise no bet. Obviously try to obtain the best place odds wherever you can.But I'll be using tote place odds to monitor the system. Starting bank advised as 30 pts.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday WARM EMBRACES was a non-runner,DON'T FORGET FAITH finished 2nd after there was a late withdrawal near the starting time of the race.So I'll count that one although there were in fact only 7 runners.AWAKEN'S race had 9 runners,so the bet was cancelled. Up to now: Stakes 11.5,bets6,PL3,UP3,P/L=-0.4,bank=29.6 pts. There is just one possible qualifier today(Sunday): 3.00 Wolverhampton,Mr GRAND LODGE,3 pts to place;no bet if 9 go to post. Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday 9 went to post for the 3.00 race at Wolverhampton.So no bet. As we were: Stakes 11.5,bets6,PL3,UP3,P/L=-0.4,bank=29.6 pts. There are just two possible qualifiers today(Monday the 13th): 7.15 W'sor,OBE GOLD,1 pt to place;bet only if 8 go to post. 7.25 Thirsk,KALASAM,1 pt to place;no bet if

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday 9 went to post for the 7.15 race at W'sor.So no bet on OBE GOLD.Unfortunately KALASAM was unplaced in the 7.25 at Thirsk,in which 8 ran. Up to now:stakes=12.5,bets7,PL3,UP4,P/L=-1.4,bank=28.6 pts. There are four possible qualifiers today(Tuesday the 14th): 3.30 Br'ton,CHANT DE GUERRE,2 points to place;no bet if

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday LAURA'S BEST(sorry for my mis-spelling) was placed amongst 8 runners.So was PROMISING LEAD(once again,sorry for my mis-spelling).But 6 went to post for the 7.05 and 9 for the 8.00.So those 2 bets were cancelled.Profits on the tote=(3X1.20)+(3X0.50)=5.10; Up to now:stakes=20.5,bets10,PL5,UP5,P/L=+1.70,bank=31.70 pts. At last we will be PLAYING WITH THE ENEMIES' MONEY,albeit a small amount in proportion to our average stake per bet! Big fields today(Thursday the 16th);there is just one possible qualifier: 2.20 S'down,SILCA ELEGANCE,2 pts to place;no bet if 9 or

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday SILCA ELEGANCE couldn't even finish in the first three!The horse has obviously regressed.Why Channon ran it yesterday after its very disappointing run(4th) 15 days ago,I'll never know.What really surprised me was that it was favourite yesterday. Up to now:stakes=22.5,bets11,PL5,UP6,P/L=-0.30,bank=29.70 pts. Big fields today(Friday the 17th);there is just one possible qualifier: 6.25 N'mkt,MOVILLE,2 pts to place;no bet if 9 go to post. Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday 8 went to post for MOVILLE'S race.MOVILLE was 2nd;tote place paid out 2.10 for 1.00. Up to now:stakes=24.5,bets12,PL6,UP6,P/L=+1.90,bank=31.90 pts. Today(Saturday the 18th) there are 5 possible qualifiers: 3.35 N'mkt,NORTHERN DANE,1 pt place;no bet if 9 go to post. 4.20 Ripon,PRINCESS COCOA,1 pt place;no bet if 9 go to post. 4.45 N'mkt,CHOCOLATE CARAMEL,1 pt place;8 declared at present. 5.25 Ripon,ALAGHIRAAR,1 pt to place;no bet if 9 go to post. 7.10 M'kt R'n,ENLIGHTENMENT,1 pt to place;no bet if 9 go to post. Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Y'day there were 2 qualifiers in all:PRINCESS COCOA was placed,paying 1.60 for 1.00.But CHOCOLATE CARAMEL was unplaced.So 0.40 of a pt was lost on the day. Up to now:stakes=26.5,bets14,PL7,UP7,P/L=+1.50,bank=31.50 pts. Big fields today,Sunday 19th;One possible qualifier: 5.00 Bath,CURRENCY,2 pts win if 8 go to post(10 declared at about 9.50 am). Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System .... Hi Alec, been glancing through the new system and although the strike rate has improved at around 50%, we are all hardly going to get rich using this.I understand you have used filters in order to improve things and to try and net more winners and placed, but probably it needs a further review to make punters sit up and notice! Good luck!:unsure

Re: The Bapo System First,Dear Merlin, I agree with what you say! But unfortunately I'll not be in a position to further research and improve the PABO SYSTEM fairly soon.That will be because the new owners of the RACING POST are strongly rumoured to make their website an on-line pay site in the not so distant future;from then on I'll not be in a position to access the info.The reason for that is that I have no way to arrange the payment of remittances from where I am. However I'm confident of coming up with an alternative place betting system that might well give us a steady drip of the order of 10%.All will be revealed in due course! Second,yesterday there was no bet as CURRENCY'S race had >8 horses sent to post. As we were,stakes=26.5,bets14,PL7,UP7,P/L=+1.50,bank=31.50 pts. Today,Monday 20th August there are 3 'possibles': 2.45 W'h'ton,MARYOLINI,2 pts place if 8 go down(10 declared at present). 5.50 Y'm'th,ELIZABETH'S QUEST,2 pts place if 8 go down(9 declared at present). 6.20 Y'm'th,FLEURET,2 pts place if 8 go to post(9 declared at present). Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday MARYOLINI'S race had more than 8 horses that went to post.So there was no bet.And Y'm'th was completely abandoned. As we were,stakes=26.5,bets14,PL7,UP7,P/L=+1.50,bank=31.50 pts. In order to give us more betting opportunities,I've decided to modify the selection procedure as follows from today onwards: 1)If two or more horses are joint 2nd in terms of the number of votes each of them has received(to be the winner of that race),and they have received at least 2 votes each,choose the horse with the higher(or highest) RPR rating from those horses.But if equal on RPR ratings,choose the horse from those that are 'equal' with the higher(or highest) topspeed rating. 2)If two or more horses are joint top in terms of the number of votes each of them has received(to be the winner of that race),choose the horse with the second highest RPR rating from those horses.But if equal on RPR ratings,choose the horse from those that are 'equal' with the second highest topspeed rating. Today,Tuesday 21st August:Bet 1 pt to be placed only on each of the horses mentioned below that go to post as intended runners in races with exactly 8 horses going down. 2.00 York, SERGEANT CECIL (9 declared at present) 2.35 York, LUCARNO (9 declared at present) 3.50 York, LUCIFER SAM (9 declared at present) 4.40 Brighton, AYPEEYES (8 declared at present) 5.10 Brighton, WRIGHTY ALMIGHTY (9 declared at present) 5.45 Perth, INTERSKY MUSIC (9 declared at present) 6.05 Newton Abbot, SIMMOVSKI (8 declared at present) 7.50 Perth, SINATAS (9 declared at present) Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday there were 2 qualifying bets - AYPEEYES ran unplaced,while SINATAS was placed,paying just 1.30 for 1.00 on the tote. Up to now,stakes=28.5,bets16,PL8,UP8,P/L=+0.80,bank=30.80 pts. Today,Wednesday 22nd August:Bet 2 pts to be placed only on each of the horses mentioned below that go to post as intended runners in races with exactly 8 horses going down. 2.00 York, SIR GERRY (8 declared at present) 3.10 York, SILKWOOD (8 declared at present) 5.50 Folkestone, DON'TCALLMEGINGER (9 declared at present) 7.20 Folkestone, BEAUTIFUL MADNESS (9 declared at present) Back tomorrow.

Re: The Bapo System Yesterday there was just 1 bet:SIR GERRY;placed paying 1.80 for 1.00 on the tote. Up to now,stakes=30.5,bets17,PL9,UP8,P/L=+2.40,bank=32.40 pts. Today,Thursday 23rd August:Bet 1 pt to be placed on the horse mentioned below only if 8 go to post: 3.00 L'field, ATAYEB (8 runners declared at present) Probably back early afternoon tomorrow(after a 15 hr train ride).

• 4 weeks later...

Re: The Bapo System The train ride turned out to be 18 hrs and,even worse,I've been offline ever since until now due to circumstances beyond my control!But now things have been rectified. It turned out that Atayeb was a non bet as 7 went down. Due to my long enforced electronic absence I've decided to terminate this thread.At least the bets showed a profit,all be it a small one! Hopefully I will be in the position of being able to post a new system with greater potential in a week or two.