Virgin/Webdollar Currency Conversion ....

philossify

Having been fortunate enough to win 17000 Vpoints the other day - I thought I'd take the money out .... so I converted them at a 1p a point into cash .... sure enough money appeared relatively quickly into my Virgin account - arrived today, then went to take it out to my debit card. Shock Horror! When I go into WebDollar to take it out the conversion rate for withdrawal is 2.09 to the pound whilst for deposit its 2.01 .... I'm sure it never used to work that way but maybe I'm wrong and confusing the Virgin way of doing things with SO Paradise. I think I may have spotted this before and is one reason I stopped playing Virgin as much as I used to - I much prefer Poker sites that hold your money in pounds and do the inter conversion on a day to day basis. So basically I lost (I think) about £6 of the £170 I won due to Webdollar rip-off :unsure. If you deposit £100 into Virgin you'll get $202 - if you then immediately withdrew it you'd get £96.65 back. So be warned .... with the dollar getting weaker at the moment any dollars you leave in poker accounts will lose their value.

Re: Virgin/Webdollar Currency Conversion .... Best advice is to not deposit any money into these sites, there are loads of site where you can deposit straight from your debit card and withdrawals instantly appear the next day.

Re: Virgin/Webdollar Currency Conversion .... The new Paradise software is good... it exchanges whenever you log on from your chosen currency into dollars and then back out at the same rate when you log off. I think this is the only site that doesn't make money off transactions... as most sites, as well as banks and e-wallets make a little money from every transaction. The bl**dy leeches...

Re: Virgin/Webdollar Currency Conversion .... Yeah - you're ripped off with webdollar, neteller, ecash ..... all of em...... One solution is to have a neteller USD account if you make frequent transactions backwards and forwards .... of course, this means you cannot have a GBP Neteller account :sad and when you initially deposit, you get the bad rate, as you do if you withdraw eventually in GBP (though maybe if you go to Vegas at all, then the free ATM card is an option and you can withdraw in USD over there?) I understood that the base Boss currency was changing to €uros..... but that doesn't seem to have happened :unsure