LAY OF THE DAY ~ Saturday 21st July..

Mighty Fine 3.10 Market Rasen. ( F/cast 7/2 - Currently 3.8 betfair ) He's won 5 of his last 6 races and was carried out in the other, so certainly cannot argue with his recent form, and he'd have the bare form alone to go well again this afternoon. However! he's gone up 17lb since his last win, and this would be better opposition than he's faced recently, so certainly has no room for error at all. The trip and ground wouldn't be a problem, so should be capable of running his race, but it's the weights and stronger opposition today that make me feel he'll struggle. McCoy doing the steering and pushing, so won't lack for anything in the saddle, but I feel McCoy will need all his skill to get this one home if certain others run their own races, and it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up knowing he's beat and pulls up!. Can win, of course he can, but after everything considered he looks much more a lay than a play, irrespective of the end result. Here's hoping anyhow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.