Massey discussion thread

Re: Massey discussion thread

But guys If you run the report for the full seven or eight years, when you get the results there is also a table that gives you the summaries for the last seven years. Surely a glance at this will tell you whether the system trends are in decline or whatever? For example Results broken down by Year
BetsWinsWin Strike RateWin %Return at SPPlaced (inc wins)Place Strike RateEach-Way %Return at SP
2000864653.5%156.7%7081.4%140.6%
2001883944.3%156.3%5967.0%132.0%
20021014039.6%122.0%6463.4%111.2%
2003994040.4%143.7%6767.7%126.5%
20041235847.2%144.5%8871.5%129.8%
20051014342.6%130.5%7372.3%124.0%
20061013635.6%131.4%6665.3%119.5%
2007502448.0%132.8%4080.0%126.8%
What system is this? :eek Iv gotten nowhere near these kind of results :lol

Looks like everyone has their own ways of doing things with equal success :ok.
Quite right, aelara! I think thats whats so great about this forum, its fantastic that we can have a thread like this and share our approches and ideas in such an open and respectible way. Hopefully we've all picked up some new ideas and approches, and will soon be more profitable!

Re: Massey discussion thread Had a little look at this last night as it was new to me. Picked 5 horses from the ratings for an E/W Lucky 31: 2:10 York - Webbow - 9/4 - 4th 2:50 Asc - Royal Oath - 13/2 - 2nd 3:00 Che - Lucayan Dancer - 5/2 - WON 3:25 Asc - Pelican Princess - 13/2 - WON 5:15 Che - Violent Velocity - NR (or so I've been told) I don't know whether there were better earlier prices as I was looking after my 3 year old son today. IF (little word, big meaning) Webbow could have just sneaked a 3rd instead of that 4th then I would be telling everyone about this Massey site. Still, not a bad start. However, I also backed Baffled and I think we all know who was riding that today....

Had a little look at this last night as it was new to me. Picked 5 horses from the ratings for an E/W Lucky 31: 2:10 York - Webbow - 9/4 - 4th 2:50 Asc - Royal Oath - 13/2 - 2nd 3:00 Che - Lucayan Dancer - 5/2 - WON 3:25 Asc - Pelican Princess - 13/2 - WON 5:15 Che - Violent Velocity - NR (or so I've been told) I don't know whether there were better earlier prices as I was looking after my 3 year old son today. IF (little word, big meaning) Webbow could have just sneaked a 3rd instead of that 4th then I would be telling everyone about this Massey site. Still, not a bad start. However, I also backed Baffled and I think we all know who was riding that today....
HI Shaft, :welcome to the forum! Just a quick word of advise, I don't think it was intentional, but what you've done there is technically 'after eventing'. We normally advise posting your picks before the races, so no-one can dispute the authentisity. But anyhow, yea I remember a couple of systems based on masseys ratings, a good technique is to meansure how far clear they are on the ratings, and perhaps bet of 50point clear rated selections....

Re: Massey discussion thread My apologies. Also, I haven't defined the criteria I used. Nowt too technical, basically any horse that was Top Rated by 15+ points and had a predicted SP of over 4s. Just got in from the club night I run (REVENGE @ The Red Rooms for anyone in the Newcastle area) so haven't had a look at any prices yet. Just to mention that the horse with the clearest high rating of any horse today from the Massey system is Neutrino in the 2:30 Stratford. Apologies if it's somethign ridiculous like 1/4. If I can drag my arse to the bookies and back in time I'll post any Massey related bets I make.

Re: Massey discussion thread Struggled to get to the bookies (I'm too old for this hedonism shit anymore) and for the record, here are today's E/W selections from my take on the Massey system: 2:30 Strat - Neutrino (Top rated by 63 and 7/1, must be worth a few bob on it) 3:00 Strat - Hawridge King 3:50 Hay - Nacada 5:00 Strat - Dazzling Jim

(I'm too old for this hedonism shit anymore)
ROFL! :lol :lol :lol That really made me chuckle this afternoon... Best of luck with your picks Shaft!!! Great theory, btw, I've seen similar principle go well and go sour so best of luck, here's hoping for continued great results!