Lets see if we can match this a regular thread as there are plenty of betting opportunities between now and the third sunday of september. 30/06/2007 Antrim V Clare 14.30 30/06/2007 Tipperary V Offaly 15.00 30/06/2007 Dublin V Cork 15.30 30/06/2007 Laois V Galway 19.00 01/07/2007 Kerry V Cork 14.00 01/07/2007 Laois V Wexford 14.10 01/07/2007 Kilkenny V Wexford 16.00

Re: GAA Games The first four matches above are Hurling Qualifiers. Clare are 1/12 favourites, Tipperary 1/6 favourites, Cork 1/16 favourites and Galway 1/100 favourites. There is no doubt whatsoever that these four teams will all records wins, and I checked one bookies and the four team accumulator is 1/4. Not great you may think but if any of these four lose, it will be one hell of a shock. Kerry V Cork in the Munster final is a classic. You never know what Kerry or what Cork will turn up. I've gone to games where Kerry race into a 10points lead only for Cork to peg them back. One thing is that Cork rarely straight fast against Kerry. I expect Kerry to lead at half time at 4/6. Kerry to win with draw no bet at 4/11 is also some value. Laois V Wexford should go the way of Laois. Wexford are overly reliant on Mattie Forde, whereas Laois have an abundance of talent. You begin to think are they ever going to deliver on their underage talent. Laois should be too strong at 2/5 and Laois HT/FT at 4/5 appeals to me. The bottom game is the Leinster hurling final and a complete mismatch. Expect Kilkenny to register their 9th Leinster title in 10years with a comprehensive victory over Wexford. Kilkenny -6points is 4/9 and should be snapped up.

Re: GAA Games My bets for the weekend are as follows: Clare, Tipperary, Cork, Kilkenny accumulator @ 1.56 :) Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny) to score more than 11.5points @ 1.85 Kerry to win the Munster title Draw no bet @ 1.36 :) Cork -4points to beat Dublin @ 1.40 :) Cork to score first, lead at half time and win the match @ 1.67 :)

Re: GAA Games I see the certs acca came in. There would appear to rarely be big upsets in either the football or the hurling. Cork had a good shout for a penalty against Kerry with the scores tied with minutes to go. They may represent a bit of value on the outright at 12/1. Kerry are favs @ 2/1, but don't now play for 6/7 weeks with Cork going into the qualifiers. It's not always a good thing to win the province due to the lack of competitive matches. What do you think Gerrie?

Re: GAA Games Hi Pobby. To be honest I would be slow to back anyone to win the All Ireland as I believe there is a great deal of 'which team will turn up on the day' in football. Kerry are a mad bet at 2/1 considering Galway, Armagh, Donegal, Dublin, Cork, Tyrone could all on their day hammer Kerry. I prefer betting on the matches. There's 10games odd over the weekend in Hurling and Football. So I will do some research and make a posting later on tonite. I will continue posting in this thread as it makes sense as not many others contribute it seems. For purposes of information, I give the odds of Paddy Power but better odds are invariably available elsewhere. But scanning the weekends fixtures there are some great betting opportunities without a doubt this weekend

Re: GAA Games

I'm from Cork' date=' and believe me when I say Cork will not win the All Ireland in football this year. Not a hope![/quote'] That's very defeatist ;) If they play Kerry again in the quater or semi I'll back them.

Re: GAA Games U'll be giving your money away mate. Cork way to over reliant on Masters up front. Cussen looks ok but easily marked. Tyrone or Armagh would make mince meat outta Cork. Too easy to mark their forwards outta a game. Look at Kerrys forwards, Russell, Cooper, Donaghy, Brosnan, O'Mahony, Galvin. Six quality scorers well able to convert. How many of the corks forwards can do likewise. Maybe Cussen and Masters. Rest are poor standard.

Re: GAA Games These are a total of five games in Hurling this weekend: Antrim V Laois Cork V Offaly Dublin V Tipperary Clare V Galway Waterford V Limerick And there are a total of nine games in football: Roscommon V Kildare Westmeath V Longford Mayo V Cavan Leitrim V Donegal Limerick V Louth Down V Meath Armagh V Derry Fermanagh V Wexford Galway V Sligo

Re: GAA Games I'll start off with the hurling matches. I will be avoiding Antrim V Laois for betting. Antrim are 4/7 favourites however I expect Laois to put it upto them for a good game in Casement Park. With Laois hurlers you dont know who'll turn up on the day. They will either win this game or getting tanked. Personally I'll a feeling for Laois to challenge Antrim strongly. If this match was played in Portlaoise, I would be backing Laois to win. Cork and Tipperary will record wins over Offaly and Dublin without a doubt. Cork are 1/12 at home and Tipperary are 1/7 away from home. These offer no value however a double is 1/4. This isnt too bad as both teams should win handsomely come 5pm saturday evening. The saturday evening televised game is Clare V Galway in Ennis. Galway are 4/7 to record the win and I can see them doing so. These two have a great rivalry, however there is a fallout in Clare county board, infighting. Galway have better forwards and a more direct game. Plus manager and ex Clare supremo Ger Loughane managing them means I cannot see Galway being beaten. The odds are very generous, I was expecting a 4/11 or 2/5 at best on the Galway win, so i'll be taking Galway to win. I will check the Galway/Galway HT/FT and if I can get odds of 4/5 or better I will probably take that as well. Galway will score 3 or more goals in the match and kill Clare early on. The Munster final in on Sunday and no Tipperary or Cork which is a little suprise. Limerick have a terrific attitude and twice came back from 8 and 10points down to draw with Tipperary and ultimately go on and beat them in the 2nd replay in extra time. Waterfords ability to get goals and their danager men in Shanahan, Flynn, Mullane, Eoin McGrath up front is where this game will be won. I cannot see Limerick troubling Waterford and believe the 4/9 available on Waterford will not last long. The draw no bet offers Waterford at 4/11 and this is free money in my opinion. For limerick to challenge they need to limit Waterford to one goal. I dont see this happening. In fact I think Waterford will score at least 3 goals against Limerick. I do not rate limericks goalkeeper and key full back Damian Reale is out injured. Tips in hurling therefore: Cork to win home to Offaly 1/12 :) Cork to win by 7points or more 4/7 :) Tipperary to win away to Dublin 1/7 :) Tipperary to win by 5points or more 2/5 :) Galway to win away to Clare 4/7 :( Galway/Galway HT/FT 4/5 or better (didnt get the price so no bet) Waterford to win Munster hurling title 4/11 :) Waterford to beat Limerick 4/9 :) Waterford to beat Limerick by 3points or more 10/11 :)

Re: GAA Games In football I will be concentrating on just two matches. Donegal will be far too strong away to Leitrim playing for the second week in succession. Donegal are 1/4 generally and should win this match comfortably. The second game is on Sunday and is the Connacht final between Sligo and Galway in Dr Hyde Park. Galway are 2/9 to win the match and 1/6 to win with draw no bet. Sligo are over reliant on key man and great player Eamon O Hara. Galway with Padraig Joyce, Derek Savage, Ja Fallon, Joe Bergin, etc up front have too much firepower for sligo to handle. For Galway to have serious aspirations about Sam then they need to show they can repeat the performance they had against Mayo on 20th May. They didnt play for 5 weeks til they defeated Leitrim in the semi final. That match will have removed the rustiness from Galway and I expect them to start very very well on Sunday. After 30mins the last day, all 6 of Galways forwards had scored. Anything like that return on Sunday and I'd expect a comfortable win for Galway. I believe a 5 point win for Galway is a likely outcome.

Re: GAA Games Any one else had a good weekend on the GAA. Disappointed the Galway hurlers and footballers left me down. But they both proved that they cant hack it. Footballers can be written off now. Very poor with **** all conviction in front of the posts.

Re: GAA Games Not much doing for me, backed Mayo on the spread at 5 MU 6. Next week's Cork v Tipp qulifier should be a cracker with the losers playing Waterford and the winners Wexford. Cork won't want to play Waterford again (yet!) Cork and Waterford both now 3/1 joint second favs in the outright betting. Can you see either of them troubling kilkenny Gerrie?

Re: GAA Games To be honest I thought watching Waterford yesterday that when they're day comes in Croke Park, they will choke. They looked very nervous against Limerick. However the open spaces in Croke Park suit their game. The final scoreline flattered Waterford as upto 7mins to go they was one 1 or 2 points between the teams. Basically there are only three possible winners of Liam McCarthy, Cork, Kilkenny or Waterford. Looking ahead to next weeks matches, the will be travelling to Thurles on Saturday to cheer on Cork. Cork will beat Tipperary have no doubt whatsoever about that. Neither team will want to play Waterford in the quarter finals. Whoever wins as you say will get Wexford and a certain passage into the semi final. Cork will beat Tipperary comfortably on Saturday. I will be talking Cork in the handicap beat, should get a good price on Cork -5points. I expect them to be priced at 1/3 at best to beat Tipp. Tipp are in a shambles and Babs Keating couldnt manage a piss up in a brewery. A friend of mine is friends with Lar Corbett, and Babs after the Limerick first match, asked Lar was there any players round Thurles that would be good enough to play for Tipp?!!! Dropping Cummins in goal is bizarre, I believe him to be the best goalie in the country. Eoin Kelly is possibly out of the match. Cork will hammer Tipp rest assured. Its my banker for next weekend. The quarter final will line up as follows: Cork V Wexford Waterford V Tipperary Kilkenny V Galway Clare V Limerick I fancy Cork, Waterford, Kilkenny and Limerick to advance to the semis, with the Clare V Limerick match a particular cracker! In answering your question, I dont think Waterford will trouble Cork or Kilkenny. Waterford only just managed to beat Cork when we were missing our three most important players. Can you imagine what Cork would do to Waterford if they were missing Ken McGrath, Eoin Kelly and Dan Shanahan??!!! Personally, I'd like to see Cork and Kilkenny play in the semi final and have a novel Cork V Waterford or smthg All Ireland Final. I didnt think Cork would win the All Ireland at the start of the year, but I believe if they drop Kieran Murphy (Erins Own) they could do it. Unfortunately, they will not drop him and will pay the price when they do meet Kilkenny as a result.

a better bet than that Kildare 8/154 is a Wicklow football and Donegal hurling double which pays 1.6 in Ladbrokes. They both look certs to beat Longford and waterford at home.
Am I right in reading you think Donegal hurlers will beat Waterford hurlers at home? Only one bet tonite, Cork to hammer Tipperary, I'm expecting a 5-8point win for Cork

• 1 month later...

I'm from Cork' date=' and believe me when I say Cork will not win the All Ireland in football this year. Not a hope![/quote'] Still so sure Gerrie?;) Cork now 2/1. Today's other semi is Dublin 13/8 v Kerry 4/5. 7/1 the draw. I shall be backing Kerry on the spread @ 1.25. I think Dublin are being over rated because they're Dublin and the weight of money has affected the prices.

Re: GAA Games Take your point Pobby and you may well be right. The Dubhs are more than capable of pulling out the big game. This would have been a great all Ireland last year if they had not blown it against Mayo. On that basis I'm suggesting backing Kerry in running if they are 4-6 points down to Dublin, especiall in the last 15-20 mins. Looking foward ti a cold pint and what should be a cracking game. Good Luck.

Re: GAA Games Lets not get carried away Pobby. Who have Cork beaten to reach the All Ireland final? Limerick, Tipperary, Louth, Sligo and Meath. No in my book not one of them is a top 10 team. Cork did not beat Kerry, Galway, Mayo, Donegal, Armagh, Tyrone or Dublin. The top 7 teams in Ireland in my book. The winners of the All Ireland final WILL come from todays match. Don't get me wrong I will be cheering on Cork to win the final but my money will be on the opposition. Just know Corks failings and weaknesses all too well. Went to matchs for 6years every game, gave up 2 years ago tho and only go to the hurling games now. The match today, either Kerry or Dublin to win. I think the intensity that Dublin will play at will catch Kerry cold even tho they know what to expect. Kerry should've been beaten by Monaghan two weeks ago, and that was their first game in 6weeks. Ridiculous like. Dublin for me are the team I expect to start well. Very well infact. I expect Dublin to lead at half time, then lull at the start of the second half. This is a notorious bad spell for Dublin in matches for the last 2seasons. To be honest, I cannot see Kerry beating Dublin even tho they are 10/11 favs. I will be betting on Dublin +1.5points at 4/5 and Dublin to win the match also at 7/4

Lets not get carried away Pobby. Who have Cork beaten to reach the All Ireland final? Limerick, Tipperary, Louth, Sligo and Meath. No in my book not one of them is a top 10 team. Cork did not beat Kerry, Galway, Mayo, Donegal, Armagh, Tyrone or Dublin. The top 7 teams in Ireland in my book. Galway and Mayo in top 7 teams in Ireland-:rollin:rollin:rollin Galways last 3 defeats were against meath, Sligo and Westmeath for fkuks sake! Mayo couldnt kick snow off a rope. Meath, Monaghan and Derry are streets ahead of those wasters.

Lets not get carried away Pobby. Who have Cork beaten to reach the All Ireland final? Limerick, Tipperary, Louth, Sligo and Meath. No in my book not one of them is a top 10 team.
Cork hadn't set the world alight, but Meath are in the top ten in most peoples lists in my opinion. My original post after the Kerry game said that Cork, although outplayed were a debatable refereeing decision away from beating Kerry and were value at 12s for the competition. That has proved to be the case as they're in the final. I also think that Cork will be beaten in the final, but I also thought that Meath would beat them. It's a one off, a final, Kerry have looked vulnerable this year and Cork have a puncher's chance.