Cork 17/06/07

3.55 Cork A very interesting looking race and with Little White Lie (who was part of my original selections) now being a non-runner changes it all. I have disregarded Fachetti, Deerpark, Gee Kel (N/R), Empirical Power and Mischia for different reasons, mainly on recent form leaving us with 3 main contenders. Snaefell A deservant favourite in the field, shown some good form of late and the ground will be fine for him. But a new jockey and new course could be his undoing. In a Rush Has performed very well and consistently so far but these have been at 10f and 8f. Still in its early stage of testing different distances, I dont think it will have what it takes at 6f. Extraterrestrial A previous course and distance winner, has been tried on a range of distances since then and has not performed as well, but I can see a win or a very good run at least as it returns to 6f. My selections Extraterrestrial - 1pt win Extraterrestrial/Snaefell - 0.5pts R-F/C :hope For some of you who like to cover your bets, a 1pt win on snaefell could also be called upon. Note: Unfortunately due to the withdrawl of 2 of the horses prices have shortened quickly :(

Re: Cork 17/06/07 16:25 Athenian Way John Ox decided to swerve Ascot in favour of this race. This filly is still improving and Ox has stated that 1m 4f on good ground will see the best from this 3yo. She has those conditions today, and the wily trainer is quietly confident about this one. Main dangers are anticipated to be Downtown, Nick's Nikita and High Heal Sneakers in this competitive group 3. :hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.