Hexham ~ 16/06

Re: Hexham ~ 16/06 I love Hexham Races - from a scenery point of view! Always do terribly betting! ;) But it doesn't stop me from having a pop anyway! Been through tomorrow's card and prob do a placepot and some small singles (oh what the hell, I'll have an E/W accy too!) 2.35 A line can go through plenty of these. I think there is only 3 horses who have a squeak. I’m prepared to take on like fave Buffy (I have big doubts over the ground and at a career high mark) and take it on with the long travelling BABY BONNETT who had a decent 2nd LTO .

3.10 A more competitive event, and few with decent chances but my call goes to MOYNE PLEASURE. Will like the trip a bit more me thinks, and has 2 credible outings in his only 2 previous starts at Hexham – both on Soft. Maybe weighted a bit too high but the jockey takes 7 off and is bang in form (133PU36011123PU4).

3.45 I’m discarding Hollow Mills straight away – trainer has 0-56 at Hexham, as I am Adolphus who is 17lb out of the Handicap. Of the remainder I have a slight preference for ARRESTING who can go close here at his favourite trip and ground.

4.10 HEADLINER could win this easily and is Timmy Murphy’s only mount at Hexham today, he has however been OC for 2 years+ though so a lot depends on how much he needs (or doesn’t need) this race. So the selection is a tentative pick.

4.50 A wide open race and the trickiest one on the card IMO, and one in which no favourite has won in the last 8 running’s so Kidithou gets a cross through him for that, and the fact his jumping seems to have given up on him – UR’d last twice out. Kalic D’alm could be worth an E/W punt at a high price as trainer has excellent record round here and and will no doubt be a big price . True Temper who is consistent if nothing else should get a place but preference is for COPPLESTONE who should give a good account of himself.

5.20 The ‘lucky last’ and not much to go on but I’m plumping for MAFTEN who’s trainer is 2/3 in bumpers round here.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.