Limit Session goes Wrong...

Punto Banco

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 65 hands and saw flop: - 7 out of 12 times while in big blind (58%) - 3 out of 12 times while in small blind (25%) - 9 out of 41 times in other positions (21%) - a total of 19 out of 65 (29%) Pots won at showdown - 2 of 7 (28%) Pots won without showdown - 6 This is the session that took back every cent I have made from playing this limit over the past 2 days... should I continue on or just dump it now and play the the more conservative no limit (it truly is)... 3 particular rivers killing my 2pair with higher 2 pairs.... straights v flushes.... every AK AQ hand I cant remember winning on (more than change)... and a hand flopping set of kings ends in small pot... after bet raise call (me) call... the blank turn I bet out... every1 folds... hmm o well back to square last week...

Re: Limit Session goes Wrong... Going well today then this... but i am still in high spirits....:ok PokerStars Game #10427095485: Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/06/14 - 02:56:22 (ET) Table 'Phaetusa V' 6-max Seat #6 is the button Seat 1: eightfold ($13.80 in chips) Seat 2: Sayers40 ($26.15 in chips) Seat 3: Keske17 ($20.30 in chips) Seat 4: hoonarr ($18.95 in chips) Seat 5: I'm Idaho ($29.65 in chips) Seat 6: iChipd ($43.35 in chips) eightfold: posts small blind $0.25 Sayers40: posts big blind $0.50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to iChipd [4s 4c] Keske17: folds hoonarr: raises $0.50 to $1 I'm Idaho: folds iChipd: calls $1 eightfold: folds Sayers40 has timed out while being disconnected Sayers40 is being treated as all-in *** FLOP *** [3c 4d Kh] hoonarr: bets $0.50 iChipd: calls $0.50 *** TURN *** [3c 4d Kh] [7s] hoonarr: bets $1 iChipd: calls $1 *** RIVER *** [3c 4d Kh 7s] [Th] hoonarr: bets $1 iChipd: raises $1 to $2 hoonarr: raises $1 to $3 iChipd: raises $1 to $4 Betting is capped hoonarr: calls $1 *** SHOW DOWN *** iChipd: shows [4s 4c] (three of a kind, Fours) hoonarr: shows [Tc Ts] (three of a kind, Tens) hoonarr collected $11.55 from side pot iChipd said, "arrg'" Sayers40: mucks hand Sayers40 is sitting out Sayers40 has returned hoonarr collected $1.70 from main pot iChipd said, "*** me" *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $13.75 Main pot $1.70. Side pot $11.55. | Rake $0.50 Board [3c 4d Kh 7s Th] Seat 1: eightfold (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 2: Sayers40 (big blind) mucked [2d Js] Seat 3: Keske17 folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 4: hoonarr showed [Tc Ts] and won ($13.25) with three of a kind, Tens Seat 5: I'm Idaho folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 6: iChipd (button) showed [4s 4c] and lost with three of a kind, Fours

Re: Limit Session goes Wrong...

Any particular reason for playing limit Mak?
Back in my playing day... lol just sounds funny... I have always played limit... and yes i know that in limit these things happens I am just not used to taking poker beats on the chin yet... but i always intended once i had enough id give limit a whirl again... once i move to another room ill give no limit the go but at stars it is just way too tight... i find i have to make my way by winning many small pots... in .5/.10 I have only ever won 1 $10+ pot that was with AA hitting an over set on someone on the flop... cant do that it is so frustrating... plus I really enjoy limit more... I need more poker friends I guess to complain too... I just need to vent at this point when something gets under my skin or I will end up tilting my money away... not sure but I hope that answers ur question...

Re: Limit Session goes Wrong... Yeah I guess it does, no real reason but I was just curious as much as anything. I agree NLHE can become a bit of a grind, though truthfully playing on Stars maybe isn't the best idea lol. I've changed games too, but I'm mostly playing PLO cash games these days and saving the NLHE for tournies.

Re: Limit Session goes Wrong...

Yeah I guess it does' date=' no real reason but I was just curious as much as anything. I agree NLHE can become a bit of a grind, though truthfully playing on Stars maybe isn't the best idea lol. I've changed games too, but I'm mostly playing PLO cash games these days and saving the NLHE for tournies.[/quote'] I find at stars in the .5/1 limit is somewhat of a nice balance of maniacs and somewhat conservative players... some sites at .5/1 preflop gets capped 3 or 4 flops a rotation... and that is not the way to play... some players are good but I am making notes and see a few faces regularly... I just stay away... 95% you can get called to the river with the best hand... and that is good enough for me... while my bank is small ATM this buyin does not intimidate me... I feel comfortable, but with also a strong desire to build and I think that puts me in a good place....:ok

Re: Limit Session goes Wrong... ... though this isnt a sole reason i should play it but it helps... with so many decent pots I am now within 200 fpp's of my second bonus and leaving stars... I think I can build money by then and if not the $50 should off set any loss... i believe it will only be small...