A win-win race

I saw a race the other day with 3 joint favourite of 6/4. Now am i just being dumb or could you not have just layed all 3 horses and come out with a profit no matter what? Lets say you lay each horse at a backer's stake of £2. This would then cost you £3 for each horse, totalling £9. In the unlikely event all 3 lose then you win £6...great! In the event one of these horse do win, then you would lose your £3 for that horse and win £2 for the 2 remaining horse. Meaning you lose £3 and win £4 (£1 profit)...I didn't see this until just before the off, did i miss out on a no lose race? Or am i missing something? Thanks for any response

Re: A win-win race That assumes you could get them all at that price on one of the exchanges such as Betfair. BF prices are usually that much higher than bookmakers so you don't get that scenario (although it is entirely possible that it could happen on an exchange)