old system?

Re: old system? Yes, Van der Wheil had a unique ratings method based on the fact that horses have peaks and troughs in their form.The method is known as "Basic VDW". His method uses certain criteria to identify when horses are likely to reach one of their peaks. I can give you a couple of websites to check so that you can investigate his method further.One is a forum and the other is in the middle of trialling a betting system loosely based on VDW's theory,which is working well to date.Obviously this forum is not the place to advertise other forums. If you would like to know more,e-mail me,and I'll tell you more by replying privately to you.

• 3 months later...

Re: old system?

Yes, Van der Wheil had a unique ratings method based on the fact that horses have peaks and troughs in their form.The method is known as "Basic VDW". His method uses certain criteria to identify when horses are likely to reach one of their peaks. I can give you a couple of websites to check so that you can investigate his method further.One is a forum and the other is in the middle of trialling a betting system loosely based on VDW's theory,which is working well to date.Obviously this forum is not the place to advertise other forums. If you would like to know more,e-mail me,and I'll tell you more by replying privately to you.
Hi I'm new to this site,but alas not new to all the different systems that seem to be dropping through my letter box.Many just end up in the bin and the ones that have not I wished they had.I've spent a fortune over the years with no such luck.Now I recieved a mailshot from Colin Davey (who,years ago I used his betting tips at £96 a month,another mistake!) mentioning a system by char van der wheil which now I'm very wary of any more info on this guy would be helpful

Re: old system? I suppose the first rule of any system is that you should not have spent any money buying it. VDW has been going for many years, I think it came to prominence in the early 70's, via the letters page of the weekly Sporting Chronicle Handicap Book, which in some way does suggest that there are some people who still actually enjoy it's process and some who may make money from it. The biggest debate has always been whether a horse meets the criteria of VDW selection or not and often even the staunchest supporters disagree. Even if you don't make money from it, you will find that it does teach you to look more carefully at actual performance and whether it can be repeated. It's not a system from which selections can be picked quickly; there a lot of midnight oil involved and a lot of pleasure when you pick a good priced winner based on your own effort. I'm sure if you Google around you will find a lot of info. Using the search facility of other racing Forums will help.