AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11)

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) I would follow you guys on the totals however currently I am only with 2 bookies... and neither of them offer it... I am definately thinking of expanding... getting frustrated with occasional lack of options and prices aswell....gl with it...:ok

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11)

Yze out for Holland. Rhyce Shaw out for first gamer Danny Stanley.
Thats Heath Shaw out I believe. Or is it? Now I'm confused. Edit: no your right, its Rhyce. Stupid AFL.com entered the wrong name.

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) Pies under the pump early from Melbourne. Demons lead 42 to 15 at quarter time. Harry O'Brien looks like he has a bad shoulder injury and went off fairly early in the first quarter which has put a huge hole in Pies defence. They have 3 guys in defence who havn't even played 10 games, and Shane Wakelin, so not sure how they are going to hold Melbourne over 4 quarters. Umpiring has been terrible as they pay blatant crap decisions, and then when a free kick is there, they dont, especially in Collingwood's forward line. How Rocca was not paid a free for almost holding a one handed mark I have no idea, if his other arm wasn't being hel onto I reckon he would have attempted the mark with 2 hands. Big ask for pies to win this with O'Brien off the gorund, and Presty and Clement out of their defence, melbourne talls and experience will prove too good. All Pies can do is try and be competitive and have a crack, hopefully the umpires will even the ledger over the course of the game, or pay frees when they are there. :dude If you are on the Demons then you are looking good at this stage.

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) Half time Melbourne 57 Collingwood 41 Gutsy effort by the Pies with 2 pivotal umpiring decisions gifting Melbourne 2 goals. 1 - Brock McLean tries to break a Heath Shaw tackle in Melbourne's forward pocket and clearly drops the ball and play on, resulting bounce gives Melbourne a goal. 2 - Ball up in Melbourne forward line and Shane O'bree clears the pack for the Pies and as he kicks he is clearly pushed in the back and the ball skews off his boot and goes FORWARD and then goes out of bounds, a free kick for deliberate. Absolutely pivotal umpiring decisions that GAVE Melbourne 2 goals, and it is absolute crap. It should be noted that another disgusting decision by the umpires gave a free kick against a Melbourne player when it hit his arm and went out of play, supposedly deliberate, abominal decision that cost Melbourne a goal. Have to agree with Sam Newman, we have a great game being ruined by umpires who want to be noticed. For fcuk sakes lets get back to the days of earning free kicks. Travis Cloke missed a goal about 15 metres out dead in front, and then dropped a mark on the wing that resulted in a Demons goal, 2 goal turn around. Pies could have been infront with a little luck. At least we are showing spirit with a defence straight out of high school. Great second quarter Pies under much duress :clap:clap:clap

Half time Melbourne 57 Collingwood 41 Gutsy effort by the Pies with 2 pivotal umpiring decisions gifting Melbourne 2 goals. 1 - Brock McLean tries to break a Heath Shaw tackle in Melbourne's forward pocket and clearly drops the ball and play on, resulting bounce gives Melbourne a goal. 2 - Ball up in Melbourne forward line and Shane O'bree clears the pack for the Pies and as he kicks he is clearly pushed in the back and the ball skews off his boot and goes FORWARD and then goes out of bounds, a free kick for deliberate. Absolutely pivotal umpiring decisions that GAVE Melbourne 2 goals, and it is absolute crap. It should be noted that another disgusting decision by the umpires gave a free kick against a Melbourne player when it hit his arm and went out of play, supposedly deliberate, abominal decision that cost Melbourne a goal. Have to agree with Sam Newman, we have a great game being ruined by umpires who want to be noticed. For fcuk sakes lets get back to the days of earning free kicks. Travis Cloke missed a goal about 15 metres out dead in front, and then dropped a mark on the wing that resulted in a Demons goal, 2 goal turn around. Pies could have been infront with a little luck. At least we are showing spirit with a defence straight out of high school. Great second quarter Pies under much duress :clap:clap:clap
.... Melbourne really let them in with a few mistakes you could say...gifting collingwood goals primarily just outside defensive fifty... Bruce is 0-4 with some shoking kiks not even for goal... really should have got mayb at least 2 of them... johnston similarly with 0-2... Nietz with no points... so really id say that as far as effort... id say that melbourne infront with the way these three are getting results is just... if not more suprising... perhaps Rocca and Neitz cancel out... we shall see what happens...

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) 3/4 Time Melbourne 68 Collingwood 65 Season defining game for the Pies! If they can win this it will be a great effort. To be honest, Melbourne should have had 10 goals in the first quarter, but bad kicking for goal. They should have had 4 more goals that quarter but bad kicking. Pies have shown guts and determination today and can't ask for more than that. Anthony Rocca has been pushed in the back 3 times and smacked in the side of the head in marking contests and play on. Umpiring was not much better that quarter, but you can't ask for umpires to be anything more than consistent, and they have been consistently bad for 3 quarters. Most of the push in the back decisions have been right, but you have to pay them ALL, not most, and not just the Melbourne ones. Pies have shown they can play against adversity today, so win, lose or draw, they should have the respect of football supporters all over Australia, and little known parts of Ireland, England, and the United States. We've got a game on our hands. I love cox, and he is not even playing (Bruce Mcavaney voice)

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) Well no disgrace losing to Melbourne and the umpires, fair effort for Collingwood to get so close. Robertson is 15 metres out from goal and pushes Scott Burns in the back and the mark is of course paid and he kicks another gift goal. Down the other end Ben Holland holds Anthony Roccas arm all day and Rocca did not get one free kick. Absolutely disgraceful umpiring and decisions have to be given to BOTH teams in the forward line, not just one team. Ordinary effort in the last quarter by Collingwood. Fraser had a chance very early to kick a goal and put the Pies in front, but missed. Bryan also had a set shot from straight in front and missed. Umpires have turned me off football this year, and really can't be bothered watching any more. If umpires can't get into position to see free kicks, then don't pay ANY, let them all go. Don't pay kicks in the forward line for easy goals unless you are going to pay them for both teams. The game is a laughing stock :@

Well' date=' looks like they're not showing last qtr on Ten here. Just anounced stay tuned now for The Bold & The Beuatiful. Should be good. :notworthy[/quote'] Prefer to watch Bold and the Beautiful cos it would be harder than Australian Rules Football at the moment.

Pos TeamPlayedWonDrawnLostForAgainst%Points
1Geelong11803127383915132
2West Coast11803102481312532
3Hawthorn1170497786511228
4Essendon117041106103610628
5Collingwood11704104498610528
6Kangaroos117041047103710028
7Sydney1160594282811324
8Adelaide1160588983110624
9Western Bulldogs11605108211079724
10Port Adelaide11605100110359624
11Fremantle11506104010479920
12Brisbane114169239919318
13Carlton11407115913448616
14St. Kilda114078149568516
15Melbourne112098631121768
16Richmond1101109251273722
Quite obvious now Collingwood are gone. Collingwood out, Bulldogs in.

Must be on the grog today are you Ash? Wish I was :dude Collingwood gone? Got 2 weeks off then play Sydney minus Kennelly injured and an out of form Barry Hall. Still got O'Brien, Presty, Clment and Buckley to come back, plus continued improvement of our youngsters, and only conceded 986 points against without our All Australian defender in Clement playing half of those games. He will be back after the break. The Bulldogs have conceded 1107 points already so they have defensive issues, and also Griffin and Cross out for a number of weeks, Cross is a big out for them. Bulldogs will be lucky to even make the eight and Freo will get in before them. Pies don't travel again after the Sydney game so they are setup for an easy draw going into the last 11 games, only needing 5 wins more than likely to make the finals.

Give it a few weeks and it will be Collingwood out, Carlton in. Pies are gone, as expected

Give it a few weeks and it will be Collingwood out, Carlton in. Pies are gone, as expected
Another one on the piss today, Crikey :loon If we get any more umpiring like that today we will be lucky to beat anyone. Rocca was crucified today by the umpires and it was blatant, he should have received 5 free kicks. I am listening to talk back radio right now and they are all saying the same thing. The Pies will bounce back from today there is no problem there. :cheers

Another one on the piss today, Crikey :loon If we get any more umpiring like that today we will be lucky to beat anyone. Rocca was crucified today by the umpires and it was blatant, he should have received 5 free kicks. I am listening to talk back radio right now and they are all saying the same thing. The Pies will bounce back from today there is no problem there. :cheers
Gotta milk this situation while i can. :dude I think the last time Collingwood lost in the same weekend that Carlton won was the last time we actually beat you

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) Geez...more players on the ground that big Ant, Bjv. In fact, within 20 metres you have Alan Didak who is the biggest actor since Marlon Brando, weaseling free-kicks by flinging himself in various directions. The deliberate OOB on Ward was the single most rediculous decision yet seen... ...and let's be fair, the free kick and 50 against McClean late were borderline to say the very least! 'Pies wil certainly want Clement back real soon... Those floods in Sydney aren't due to the weather, it's Hall, O'Loughlan, Spida, Jolly and Nick Davis salivating at the prospect... Oh...175 on the knocker...wish they were all that easy ;) ;) ;) (In all seriousness, pretty ordinary performance today by Collingwood.)

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) I only saw pretty much the last quarter of the game today. The umpiring didnt seem to bad to me. Its one of those things where the fans of the losing team will say how bad the uimpires were, while the winning teams fans wont of seen too much wrong with it. Same sort of thing for every game really New push in the back rule is going to be hard to call consistently call, but its something thats here to stay i think. Was the umpiring that bad today? I mean, in the first 3 quarters was it real bad? Be interesting to see how many goals Melb got from Frees?

TAZAD - In fact, within 20 metres you have Alan Didak who is the biggest actor since Marlon Brando, weaseling free-kicks by flinging himself in various directions.
That Paul Medhurst was doing the same thing mate from what i saw. On one occasion i noticed he dived looking for a free kick and i rekcon the free would of been given if he didnt make it look like such an obvious dive.

That Paul Medhurst was doing the same thing mate from what i saw. On one occasion i noticed he dived looking for a free kick and i rekcon the free would of been given if he didnt make it look like such an obvious dive.
Tell me Ads...Whether Medhurst dived or not, were his opponent's hands in Medhurst's back, if so it is a free kick? And if you were watching the same thing as I was, then it is a definite YES, whether he dived or not. Ward decison was crap, already said that earlier Taza, absolute joke of a decision. And Didak is our biggest squib, won't go near a marking contest, tho did take a contested mark today. Guess he makes up for it with goals. As for Rocca, I know there is more out on the ground than him. But ffs, his arm was held at least 4 times in full view of the umpires, and all inside 30m and in front of goal (may have missed shot) but if they are there they have to be paid. Got punched in the head in a marking contest and play on. One decision doesn't change a game, but when free kicks are there they should be paid. Free kick against Mclean was deserved as he through the ball away when out of bounds. Ball has to be placed on the ground or given to the boundary umpire, he threw it into the fence. Saying no more on this game as it has pissed me off enough as it is. Last 4 games at Telstra Dome in Sydney

#

Year

Rd

Team

Score

Versus

Score

Gnd

Result

Marg

Sydney

11.16 (82)

vs

Collingwood

14.11 (95)

TS

Lost

Sydney

11.11 (77)

vs

Collingwood

10.16 (76)

TS

WON

Sydney

13.7 (85)

vs

Collingwood

11.13 (79)

TS

WON

Sydney

12.9 (81)

vs

Collingwood

14.15 (99)

TS

Lost

I can see why the Swans are salivating at the Pies game. Sydney yet to kick more than 82 points in last four games when Collingwood had a weaker side. Hall always kicks 4 or 5 goals, so anything less than that and he has had another bad game. Clearly this is going to be a very close game, and Sydney are going to be well under the odds. Know who I prefer to be on, cos I know how well we play against Sydney. Clement and Presty back too, and Paul Licuria. Show me the money :drums

Re: AFL Football Round 11 (Friday June 8 - Monday June 11) Hey guys I finally got a chance to watch footy. Caught highlights of last week's action and wow anything goes - punching, kicking each other right under ref's nose and behind his back. And is it the only game in the world which doesn't have any rules for ejection from a game no matter what? And yeah Carlton seemed good!!