Chepstow 8th May

16:55 - Mountain Pass (RPF 7/1) Really caught my eye lto. Slow start seemed to have cost him the chance of victory. However was staying on very strongly and I have no doubt would have been in the winners enclosure if the break was clean. Does all his best work at todays distance (7f) and with the aid of a decent draw I expect my selection to run a big race. :hope

Re: Chepstow 8th May

SportHorse Racing
Event4.20 Chepstow
SelectionAlfresco (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date08/05/2007
Bookmaker/PriceBet365 @ SP (Back)
ReasoningNot much form to get carried away with in this race but the way Alfresco won comfortably on the all weather looks the best on offer. Has not run much on turf but has a turn of foot as it is usually held up and comes late with a fast finish. Ran in a decent race at Windsor and that was 1st run back on turf. Still lightly raced, possible improver and can kick on and quicken on a good to firm surface. Unlikely to find trouble in running and quickening past horses final furlong as there are only 9 runners. Should certainly get placed, will probably win and paying 3 places ew is the call. The only distance winner in the race.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.